Girls, How can I tell if a girl is just really shy or not interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

RightURKen
    Participant
    January 26, 2016 at 10:41 pm #92236

I know a girl casually who sometimes acts interested in me but sometimes doesn’t. I see her staring quite clearly at me when she’s at a distance and we’ve had some friendly, somewhat flirtatious, conversations (she made it clear she has no boyfriend) But some other times she ignores me or barely says “Hi” with her head down and keeps walking as we past. I know her to be shy but can’t see why she would continue to act that way around me after the conversations we’ve had. I can’t tell if she’s just not interested or if she is and just is so shy she needs me to be more aggressive and follow after her when she walks by or ignores me. The one other factor is that there’s an age difference to could be affecting her feelings. I’m not sure how much that affects a young woman’s thought process.

angelbear077
    Participant
    January 27, 2016 at 7:52 pm #92320

She’s shy.

RightURKen
    Participant
    January 27, 2016 at 8:35 pm #92322

So what advice would you give if she’s that shy? Should I follow after her if she just walks by? I really want to ask her out but I don’t want to be too aggressive and scare her off or embarrass her (or myself)

RightURKen
    Participant
    January 29, 2016 at 2:34 pm #92437

Anyone? Any advice on what to do when she just walks by?

phyrewerx
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 1:57 pm #92553

As a man it is your job to find this out. Are you waiting for her to ask you if you would like to date her? That’s not gonna happen in real life. If you are afraid that you will ask her out and she will laugh at you, then you are too much of a sissy. I’m sorry but you have to have the courage to assume that she is gonna laugh at you, but you will try it anyway.
    Now you can minimise the risk by talking to her, and making a guess she will say yes if she seems like she likes talking to you, and she smiles alot, etc. There are all these non-verbal cues she can use to suggest she likes you. You still have to take the risk. You are the one who is supposed to be insensitive, so a rejection should be just not that big of a deal to you, wheras if she asks you she may get her feelings hurt.