Girls, I'm shamed of my boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Crystal23
    Participant
    November 21, 2013 at 8:45 am #43204

My 30 year old boyfriend lost wrestling and arm-wrestling to 12 year old smaller than him at our gym 2 times. I feel differently about him. Less secure. Am I wrong? Would you feel less secure around him?

ethan123
    Participant
    November 23, 2013 at 3:00 am #43323

Have him go to the gym 😉

ethan123
    Participant
    November 23, 2013 at 3:01 am #43324

blueskies
    Participant
    December 3, 2013 at 9:24 am #43764

how big was the kid? humour aside,
    i think it depends on your security attachment to him… is it purely emotional or physical? A physical security may make you feel secure on the exterior but without a emotional security there really isnt a strong base for your relationship. does he satisfy your emotional needs?

uhun
    Participant
    December 3, 2013 at 7:37 pm #43864

Dump him if you feel differently about him. No use wasting time with someone you don’t have feelings for…

vexation
    Participant
    December 5, 2013 at 4:16 am #43949

i would say its wrong for u to feel differently about him for losing some stupid test of strength. real men aren’t necessarily about muscles. however, sometimes we just feel things. if there’s no going back for you, then ditch him. plz be nice tho

becca213
    Participant
    December 10, 2013 at 5:35 pm #44378

If him losing this competition is that big of an issue for you and you feel different about him then you don’t want to stay with him. But consider all the other reasons you are with this guy, is he always there for you? Its all up to you but you should really think about everything else he brings to the table and to your relationship. Good Luck.

bimmerqueen
    Participant
    December 23, 2013 at 7:26 am #45165

If masculinity is big to you, then you should not be with this person. When you truly love someone, it will be through skinny and fat, buff or not. Richer or poorer.

Jackburton89
    Jackburton89
    Participant
    December 25, 2013 at 6:00 am #45285

wow a 12 year old thats embarassing

kimmkittyx3
    kimmkittyx3
    Participant
    December 25, 2013 at 11:16 pm #45294
    Reply To: Girls, I'm shamed of my boyfriend

If you truly like or love the guy, it shouldn’t matter if he lost to a kid.

park
    Participant
    December 28, 2013 at 8:22 am #45406

There are some strong 12 year olds out there, just sayin

lilymunster21
    lilymunster21
    Participant
    December 30, 2013 at 7:11 pm #45474

If every other aspect of your relationship was enough for you maybe losing to a twelve year old would not bother you as much as it does now. Your feelings towards his loss COULD be an indicator that you generally are displeased with him. If he is too weak as a man and boyfriend for you then you should consider leaving him. You might be happier with a man that cares enough about his physical strength to actually maintain a workout routine. But maybe there is more your situation . Ask yourself, he he kind? Is he funny? Does he adore you? Are you attracted to him inside and out? Is he a good lover?

punisher5353
    Participant
    December 31, 2013 at 6:39 pm #45487

This is so funny. Why do you care about that? Maybe your bf is just out of shape and this kid is on steroids. You shouldn’t be ashamed of him.

Crescendo63
    Crescendo63
    Participant
    January 3, 2014 at 7:24 pm #45793

It looks like you have deep insecurity issues, that have nothing to do with your BF.

Do you need a loving BF or a bodyguard?

SS
    Participant
    April 7, 2014 at 6:32 pm #45419
    Reply To: Girls, I’m shamed of my boyfriend

well, if you really love him it shouldn’t be an issue…

However….

personally, I think that’s embarrassing and it would really bother me. I’m not saying I’d break up with him because of it, but I probably would not be with him in the first place if this is something that is capable of happening …hah…

I guess, truly it shouldn’t matter if you love him, you should just move on…

..seriously though…can’t men be real men anymore? That’s sad. 12 is awful young…at least if the kid was 18…..maybe….

1 2