Girls texting back early next morning instead of evening

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:32 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TRUELOVE
    Participant
    June 23, 2015 at 5:22 am #81455

Ok personally, I think it’s weird if I text a girl late afternoon or early evening, instead of replying that evening, she replied like at 7am the next day. From any females who have or know girls who do this, what is that? Are they ruminating over what to say all night, are they just much more of a morning person and don’t wanna deal with social stuff at night, or do they know texting late with a guy might send the wrong message too early in the dating process? This has happened multiple times with girls I have talked to in the very early stages of meeting/dating.

outofideas
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 4:28 pm #81904

Ok, of course I can’t speak for every girl but I think you’re overthinking this. I also do this. All the time. With everyone. Because I constantly get messages or spam mail at night that wake me up I disconnect from the internet and mute my phone when I go to sleep. And when I get up the next morning I get all the messages at once and write back before I forget. I think that’s what could have happened.

TRUELOVE
    Participant
    July 1, 2015 at 4:55 pm #81905

No, I am talking specifically that I get a phone text message early in the morning, has nothing to do with spam or emails etc…. text messages 99.99% of the time reach their destination within a minute of when sent, unless there are some attachments or other extraneous variables.

So again my questions is, for what reasons would a girl respond/sleep on a text from the previous afternoon and respond first thing in her morning, that is what I am trying to figure out. And again, this isn’t just one girl, it has been actually a large percentage of them. And as you said, if you don’t do this, then I guess it’s only certain kinds of girls who do and would appreciate their input since we can try to guess all we want.

Thanks.

tooshytosay
    tooshytosay
    Participant
    July 2, 2015 at 8:10 am #81906

well, if she is anything like me, I am very busy. That means that I don’t have my phone strapped to my side and when I come home, I want to relax and not have to worry about anything. I am much more a morning person, therefore I get all of my stuff done in the morning.

Nina233
    Participant
    July 5, 2015 at 4:59 pm #81992

Hmmm maybe you’re the first thing on her mind when she wakes up ? 🙂
    It’s no big deal seriously, she probably is a morning person. And I know I do it sometimes, cause I don’t have the energy to bother with texts -especially if they are for guys- during the evening. Maybe she is a cerebral person, and she likes to sleep on something before giving an answer, accepting an invitation, etc… Do you find this annoying ?

saj516
    Participant
    July 5, 2015 at 8:28 pm #81995

It’s hard to say without knowing if you’re dating or what your relationship is. In general, I wouldn’t worry about it if she is getting back to you. I don’t think this is a gender thing because I have some girlfriends who worry about this too. Text messages are basically emails. Some people reply right away, some reply when they get a chance. If you’d like to hear from her when you send the text, I’d recommend calling. If you are dating, and this bothers you, you could ask her about it.