Give gift for birthday after a month?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

backinthegame91
    Participant
    February 27, 2015 at 6:29 pm #74390

I met a girl 5 weeks ago, and we hit it off and went on 5 dates in our first week and a half of knowing each other. She had to leave the state for three weeks, so I didn’t see her for a while, but we texted every day and talked on the phone a few times while she was gone. While away she went out with several guys and slept with one. Since she got back we’ve gone on 3 more dates, and we’ve established we really like each other. Last night, she told me her plans for tonight to meet some guy on Tinder. I told her I didn’t want her to go on the date, and to become exclusive with me. She reiterates that she really likes me, but says she’s not ready to get into a relationship since she just left one.

Her birthday’s in a couple days, and I don’t know if I should get her anything since she’s adamant about not being exclusive. What should I get her, if anything, for her birthday? Maybe just a nice dinner and a small ($20-$50) present? I like her and want her to know we have potential.

Martin1988
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 9:55 am #74395

Whenever you feel comfortable is when you can buy gifts.

LittlekingP
    LittlekingP
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 2:57 pm #74407

Just something nice and reasonable, not too expensive or cheap. Like a music box, a small plant or even your own art craft if you can make one.

carrieann2015
    Participant
    March 9, 2015 at 9:25 pm #75097

Something small and inexpensive to recognize her birthday would be sufficient IMO.

arman
    arman
    Participant
    March 10, 2015 at 11:50 am #75119

don’t buy her a gift take her to a dinner and just spend some close time with each other, she might reconsider about relationship.