Giving him my number.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Giving him my number.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:28 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mitchesbcray
    mitchesbcray
    Participant
    June 10, 2016 at 2:03 pm #103149
    Giving him my number.

There’s a guy at my gym that I’m crushing on pretty hard. We friendly flirt when we’re working out (I’m naturally pretty flirtatious and I can’t tell if he is too or not…) and we chat on facebook messenger quite a bit but I can’t really tell if he likes me or is just being friendly since we’re both part of a small group of gym goers who are about the same age. Anyway, I invited him to a party for my birthday and he told me he couldn’t make it (has other plans) but would make it up to me with a birthday drink. (Good sign, right? RIGHT? I’m too awkward for this).
    My question is, is it too aggressive for me to send him a message back saying if his plans fall through or he realizes what a good time he’ll be missing out on to let me know and then give him my number? It feels like a big step in our flirtation, especially since I’m not sure if he’s into me.
    Also, I just am a classic over-thinker which is why I’m on here asking instead of just…doing it. Any help would be appreciated!

SATOnlineNewbie
    Participant
    June 10, 2016 at 3:05 pm #103170

I would send a text and let him know that if his plans fall through he is still welcome to come. Just keep it short and sweet. Don’t write too much or overthink it. Maybe something like, “Party is still on. If your plans don’t work out feel free to come by. Otherwise I’ll see you Monday at the gym. #”
    If he’s really into you he’ll appreciate the text- and have your number. If he isn’t- he probably won’t respond. I wouldn’t send him another message after that.