Giving out your number

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Giving out your number

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

bdr0705
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 2:01 pm #154469
    Giving out your number

So the other day, I was talking to this Persian girl and I thought we were having a good conversation. We’ve talked a couple times before. I’m a tutor in my college’s tutoring center and I helped her with chemistry. I’m 23 and she seems like she’s 30 something. I asked her if she would want a cup a coffee and she said, yeah she’ll let me know. I gave her my phone number and she wrote it down on a corner of her homework. My question is, should I assume that because she didn’t hasn’t called or texted me that I should move on? And is giving my number a good method instead of asking for her number because it gives her power to call me, telling me she’s interested?

bdr0705
    Participant
    October 30, 2017 at 6:55 pm #154559

I’m a guy by the way.

mnm7221
    Participant
    October 31, 2017 at 8:14 pm #154635

I think it is good that you gave her your number rather than the other way around because you clearly told her you were interested and now the ball is in her court. However, if you don’t hear from her, she may not be interested. If she’s a pretty busy person, she could just be trying to find free time to hang out with you. I would say give it maybe a week and if you don’t hear from her, it may be time to move on.