Got dumped, heartbroken and I know I should stop talking to him ..ugh..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

justwondering0
    Participant
    March 5, 2016 at 6:04 am #95030

It seems the older I get the messier relationships get. Okay, seriously though I am heart broken. My ex broke up with me and i was so out of the loop that I had no idea he had issues. yes we talked but apparently not enough I am finding out. I keep answering his calls and texts ( he apparently he is staying in contact) and he is supposed to drop my things i need off back to me. I know I should just stop answering his messages and calls from him but it is so hard. Just last night he was eating at his fav. pizza place after helping with an emergency. So I told him, hopefully one day I will visit that place as pizza is my weakness. He said “maybe you will, their pizza is the best in town”. You know what i ended up doing– over analyzing “maybe you will” and thinking does that mean he will take me? …so… I know what I need to do, cut him off. It is just, very hard because of how my heart hurts right now.

laura
    laura
    Participant
    March 5, 2016 at 9:54 pm #95042

Maybe you should move forward…there is a wonderful guy out there waiting for you….Yes, it is very hard, time consuming, and sometimes heart breaking to weed through the ‘not mean to be ones’.
    I say this b/c if he broke up with you, then he most likely feels you are not the one for him….he is probably keeping you on a string b/c he does not have anyone else in the picture right now…and when he does, the calls and texts will stop. If you sit home and wait for his texts and calls, he will only be controlling you. You deserve better than that!!!
    So, chin up, get dressed up and go out with your girlfriends and have fun!

dodsferd
    Participant
    March 5, 2016 at 11:56 pm #95055

The best remedy: delete any fotos that remind you of him, stop visiting places where you both used to hang out…go see your family, close friends and spend some time with them.when you see different people you start forgetting …its normal and don’t be heart broken.best luck

justwondering0
    Participant
    March 6, 2016 at 8:05 pm #95084

yup..I already deleted all his info and pictures .. on to the next

justwondering0
    Participant
    March 6, 2016 at 11:56 pm #95095

***UPDATE***
    So, right when I am “cleansing” myself from my ex. He sends me a text message saying that he would like to take me out to a restaurant real soon to go and eat. He called me as usual and wanted to talk ( have not returned the call yet). So, I think I will go to dinner with him and see what he wants. If nothing comes from it, then I am going to tell him to leave me a lone for good in person.

Probably not the best idea but he did ask me out and I do miss him. *shrugs*