Got her phone on a new years ride…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:19 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

alexuw
    Participant
    January 2, 2013 at 1:54 am #19725

First I must say I’m in US but I’ from another country and I’m not sure exactly how to date girls around here. Well, after new years eve i was going home and I offered a drive home to this girl, who was with a couple. She’s around my age and she’s single (she pointed it out loud). She was also very drunk. She lives nearby but she’s from another state. She mentioned she fells kinda alone and stuff like that, so I guess she’s super open for a relationship or something like that. I dropped her and her friends and asked her number as a “fee”. Texted her just so she could get my number and I said “you own me a date” and she agreed, however she was super drunk, I can’t say how serious she was about it. Didn’t text or call her today (Jan 1st)

I dont want to screw up, should I call her, text her or what? Advices would be great!

traveller
    Participant
    January 2, 2013 at 9:45 am #19731

I say text her, say something simple like — Hey, (name), hope you had a good New Year’s Day — and see how it goes.

Nathan34
    Nathan34
    Participant
    January 4, 2013 at 9:58 am #19956

I agree with traveller. You can let her know the ball is in her court (again) with a simple text/statement. Don’t ask her out again, she’s re read her texts from NYE so she’s aware you exchanged info.

IF over the next week or so she doesn’t reach out to you, she’ll just dismiss you as a drunken encounter. So when a week or two passes, I’d say try to invite her to a group date and have her bring a friend so she doesn’t feel pressured. Go to a social setting during the day and if she doesn’t take the bait try to invite her to another social get up at a bar . You still have to get to know this girl, so don’t get your hopes up, she’s still a stranger…

You have to walk on eggshells at first to not scare her away. If she clearly doesn’t want to hang out with you, she’ll eventually ignore your attempts. good luck!