Great 1st date, but seems like she's not interested for a 2nd?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vegasblaster
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 5:54 am #86452

I met a woman on a dating site, asked her out a week ago to dinner. Afterwards I walked her to her car upon which she moved toward me and kissed me. What a pleasant surprise! This lasted for a few minutes and then we mutually ended. I thanked her for a great evening and we both agreed to another date. The next day she texted me telling me how lonely her Sunday was and that we could’ve spent it together. She re-iterated how she wanted to see me again. I spent this week staying in contact with her. But as the week has progressed she became less responsiive. I tried to see her Fri or Sat-she said she would try but then she didn’t respond. I am concerned now that I am coming accross as too eager/needy. It’s only been a week but our first meeting was so strong I really don’t want this chance to slip by. What can I do to re-kindle interest? I was thinking of inviting her over and cooking dinner and watching a movie-possibly next weekend? Too soon? I’m 52, she’s 45.

vegasblaster
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 9:23 am #86458

BTW, we had a great time during the date, Have a ton in common. We both were floored by the similiarites. All during dinner the eye contact was intense, she kept touching my arm, a very comfortable interaction. I asked her towards the end how she was feeling about our date and she said “very good” and that she wanted to see me again. I’m wondering if she was left feeling rejected by me? I came from a conservative background and thrown off by her texts Sunday that we could’ve been togetherl Nothing would’ve pleased me more. She didn’t reach out to me until after the fact. Now all my contact seems to be in vain. I am really feeling stupid.

LK
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 10:38 pm #86471

honestly, let her make the next move…unfortunately, men who seem hard to get are really attractive.

vegasblaster
    Participant
    October 5, 2015 at 8:19 am #86473

How long is reasonable to wait? I am really confident that she is worth waiting for.

lunaluv944
    Participant
    October 5, 2015 at 6:54 pm #86592

it doesn’t hurt to be upfront with her to set up a next date, if she is truly into you then she will not think you are coming off as needy/clingy

vegasblaster
    Participant
    October 6, 2015 at 8:48 pm #86607

I tried to do that. Bought tickets to a local concert. And asked her to join me. Left a voice mail. She isn’t responding.

sadcat89
    Participant
    October 6, 2015 at 10:03 pm #86609

Something must have come up. Be patient and let her make the next move.

Anonymous
    October 7, 2015 at 9:25 am #86614

It’s Really Crazy

AlwaysSummerTime
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 1:57 pm #86649

Give her a call. I hate all this texting back and forth and wondering. Call her and tell her what you told us. Ask her what she’s thinking. Done.

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 4:31 pm #86663
    Reply To: Great 1st date, but seems like she's not interested for a 2nd?

it doesn’t hurt to be upfront with her to set up a next date, if she is truly into you then she will not think you are coming off as needy/clingy

True.
    Let her initiate a call/text about that date. If you stop messaging her or what not, she’ll wonder why you stopped and just might contact you because it bothers her! If nothing happens after maybe a week of this, call her up on the phone, hope she answers and talk about meeting up for another date or even lunch, something, anything, coffee? 🙂

Daniel22
    Participant
    October 8, 2015 at 12:47 am #86680

Im haveing a similar problem hope it works out

Albina
    Participant
    October 8, 2015 at 7:57 pm #86728

Yeah, let her call you. It’s a shame though, but somehow things have perhaps changes – dating has become fickle. People need to move fast to keep the interest going. If she is not responding, she is either busy with something or moved on to someone else. If she does not call, just go out for another date, you will find someone. All the best.

vegasblaster
    Participant
    October 8, 2015 at 8:36 pm #86733

No kidding. I keep re-reading her texts to me and she was so positive. She kept saying we would go out again. I never took her for being so flakey. And here’s the best part, shes a doctor! I thought that she was much more stable than alot of other women out there. Misjudged this one. What hurts is we had such a good time and were so enthused by the stuff we like to do. I honestly thought this was the best date of my life. I’m so bummed.

vegasblaster
    Participant
    October 9, 2015 at 11:44 pm #86759

Latest update: So I didn’t contact her all week. That took a lot of self control. I sent her a simple “hi” text today after work and she responded! We sent a few short chats back and forth. Then I withdrew. 2 1/2 hrs later she texted again asking what I was doing tomorrow! I didnt answer right away, Then I asked what she was doing. She then volunteered she had nothing going on. I invited her out and she accepted!

No offense to the ladies out there, but why do you make this so hard?? I’m thrilled. Thanks for all of your advice. I just wanted another chance.