Great First time Meet, but with an awkward End, need advice!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:26 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LionBait
    Participant
    December 30, 2012 at 1:42 pm #19719

I met this girl online and we exchanged probably 25 emails before we finally met, we had our first meeting yesterday and it went really well, I think we had great chemistry, we walked around a park for a while and then talked at a coffee shop for 2 hours. Then the coffee shop had to close down unusually early which sent us outside in the snow, we both started walking to our cars.

When we got to the parking lot things got a little awkward, I asked if she had a good time and suggested we do it again, she agreed. There were some brief last minute small talk but we were mostly standing around in the snow for way to long. Eventually she gave me her phone number and we hugged and parted ways.

Maybe I am over-analyzing but this whole ending was way to drawn out. She wasn’t really giving me any telltale signs that I should make a move. But looking back I could have probably kissed her and she would have been fine. I really like this girl and want to play it smarter next time. Was she expecting me to make a move? Did we both get thrown off by the fact that the coffee shop kicked us out early? Should I apologize for the awkward end or just try to sweep it under the rug?

AriannaJones
    AriannaJones
    Participant
    January 4, 2013 at 11:25 am #19976

No, you’re fine! First dates are supposed to be awkward! It’ll be somethign you can look back on and joke about 🙂

You have plenty of time to make a move and smooch all over her, go on another date and see where things lead up! Bring her a flower or something, she’ll know you’re a romantic guy, not just some person off the internet ready to sleep with her…unless you are…then be ccareful!

marlow2013
    Participant
    January 14, 2013 at 9:13 pm #20612

I met this girl online and we exchanged probably 25 emails before we finally met, we had our first meeting yesterday and it went really well, I think we had great chemistry, we walked around a park for a while and then talked at a coffee shop for 2 hours. Then the coffee shop had to close down unusually early which sent us outside in the snow, we both started walking to our cars.

When we got to the parking lot things got a little awkward, I asked if she had a good time and suggested we do it again, she agreed. There were some brief last minute small talk but we were mostly standing around in the snow for way to long. Eventually she gave me her phone number and we hugged and parted ways.

Maybe I am over-analyzing but this whole ending was way to drawn out. She wasn’t really giving me any telltale signs that I should make a move. But looking back I could have probably kissed her and she would have been fine. I really like this girl and want to play it smarter next time. Was she expecting me to make a move? Did we both get thrown off by the fact that the coffee shop kicked us out early? Should I apologize for the awkward end or just try to sweep it under the rug?

RedRobinYumm
    Participant
    January 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm #20733

I agree with Arianna.
    Dating should be fun, don’t over think the little things. Even if you can’t answer all those awkward moments, it’s ok! I’m sure you’ll see her again and you’ll enjoy the time spent with her on the next date

scarlettjoe
    Participant
    January 18, 2013 at 1:40 pm #20803

Next time lean in for the kiss!

DearLianne
    Participant
    January 25, 2013 at 5:49 pm #21284

Yes, I think the early coffee shop closing threw you both off. Find a coffee shop for your next date that stays open longer 🙂 The cold snow chilled the warmth you’d gained over a wonderful cup of Java. Don’t overanalyze. Let us know what’s happened since December’s posting.

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    January 28, 2013 at 12:33 pm #21379

Yes, I think the early coffee shop closing threw you both off. Find a coffee shop for your next date that stays open longer :) The cold snow chilled the warmth you’d gained over a wonderful cup of Java. Don’t overanalyze. Let us know what’s happened since December’s posting.

Well said! The cold air really “cooled” off the warm fuzzies they probably sparked in the coffee shop. If that ever happens to someone else it’d probably be best to do a little planning beforehand!