guy I cheated with wants to apologize to my man.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sofie21
    Participant
    January 9, 2017 at 7:29 am #122183

don’t judge me, we all make mistakes, I have never cheated before and I love this man to death. last march i was going through some really bad situation and my boyfriend specifically told me he had no time for me because of NY Academy. I got into trouble and didn’t go to him, instead I found security with a guy who was in love with me, things got physical. I came clean to my boyfriend of five years, lots of pain, lots of crying, anger and apologies later, we are still not on good terms, he loves me but he is very hurt and I ve been doing nothing but regretting everything.he watched a show about cheating couple days earlier and want talked to me since =(. he is vey hot and cold and i understand that.

So the guy I cheated with knows how much I’m hurting and how I regret ever getting closer than friends with him, he is worried about me and wishes nothing ever happened, because he doesn’t want to see me hurt. He said he want to write to him, apologizing and explaining his faults. I’m not sure if its a good idea or not….help please.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  sofie21.
    carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 11, 2017 at 9:06 am #122374

I think that’s a terrible idea- it will just make things worse. No matter what the guy’s intentions are, he’s the last person that your boyfriend wants to hear from.

mb322
    mb322
    Participant
    January 11, 2017 at 3:02 pm #122628

That is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. Put yourself in your mans position, would you want a letter from the other girl? What happened, happened and now is the time to focus on moving forward, healing, and hopefully forgetting.

winona93
    Participant
    January 11, 2017 at 6:40 pm #122702

I think you shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.. let it go.. time heals all… just try to resist temptation next time. For all you know your guy may have done the same.

nataliallyons
    Participant
    January 12, 2017 at 5:23 am #122708

Never let your past and present disturb each other.

Sam9811
    Participant
    January 12, 2017 at 12:24 pm #122788

I would say not a good idea. I’m sure he doesn’t want to hear from the guy you hooked up with

Train2Heski
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 10:42 am #122929

I think it’s better if they don’t meet, I’d hate to talk to the guy who did that to me

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 12:12 pm #122968

It’s best for the two men to not meet, it’s just rubbing salt on his wounds.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 11:10 pm #123623

it is a HORRIBLE idea. so you will have to do a little acting or something. but here is how it should go:
    1. tell him that he’s not the problem and ha snothign to apologize for. you are the one that cheated, its somethign YOU have to deal with. so you must do it yourself.c

that should be the end of it if he TRULY respects and cares for you. but let’s ust incase assume he INSISTS.

2. if he insists he needs to apologize. tell him that you will let your bf know that he apologizes to your bf and that it’s best if YOU deliver the message. that again should end it.

3. but just incase he TRULY insists. then tell him – fine. write yoru apology in letter form and give it to you. b/c its best they not be in the same location, and of course its best that neither of them have each other’s phone # OR emails. so write the apology in letter form to give to you.. and you will deliver and talk about it to the bf

of course – yo won’t ever do that but he doen’st have to know that.