Guy I like finally likes me back?? Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

emm5555
    Participant
    October 25, 2014 at 11:17 pm #66554

We have known each other 11 years and always kinda flirted. Unfortunately one of us has always been in a relationship and the timing has always been bad. He recently moved away but we text often. The other day he admitted to me that he has had feelings for me since day one. And so have I. We talked about what could of been but he’s hinting that he wants to try it out. Here’s the catch. We’re both in long-term relationships and I think he’s just trying to get me out of his system. He has been dating his current gf for 3 and I’ve been with my boyfriend for 4. In my opinion us fooling around isn’t worth it. I love him, but I’m scared that after all this time I have built him up in my head to be something he can’t possibly live up to in real life. Besides. I’m beginning to question his character for wanting to fool around on his girlfriend. Anyways….I just want some outside opinions.

emm5555
    Participant
    October 25, 2014 at 11:18 pm #66555

** CONTINUED My heart wants to pursue this and maybe get it out of my system. But I know this is wrong on so many levels…what should I do? Should I keep talking to him? Sever communication? Or just lay it all out for him and explain how I feel? I have already tried explaining once about one day ago and he totally understood and backed off. But now I’m conflicted because part of me is sad he did. I don’t know. Help. Having super confusing feelings over here…

mattmando2
    Participant
    October 26, 2014 at 1:55 pm #66564

Sounds like you both just want some excitement from your long term relationships but fooling around is not the way to go… If you still like the person you’ve been with for years you might end up screwing up your current relationship and who knows just how interested this guy really is he might just want something on the side and then forget about you. And then this could end up screwing your current partner over and leaving you and him hurt and alone. I wouldn’t mess around with this guy, not a good idea. Try to add more excitement in your current relationship, try something new. Good luck!

Zalech13
    Participant
    October 26, 2014 at 7:25 pm #66572

You just have to decide if you want to be with your current bf or with him, period. Both is not an option. After you decide, tell him the truth and let him make the same decision on his end.

emm5555
    Participant
    October 27, 2014 at 8:27 am #66575

Okay. Thanks for the advice. After much contemplation I have decided not to pursue a relationship with this guy. Thinking about it. I feel bad. I feel almost obligated to just try it once. But it’s not worth it. I’m so in love with my boyfriend now that I just couldn’t.

TB55
    TB55
    Participant
    October 31, 2014 at 1:51 pm #66915

You should never feel obligated to do anything just because you feel bad about turning him down. Stick with your man, you say you love your boyfriend, stay with the one you truly love. Things aren’t always greener on the other side.