Guy I met in Europe is moving fast

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 5:27 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lifeinanutshell
    Participant
    July 13, 2014 at 8:56 pm #57350

I met him when I was in Europe, I am back in the states, and he has recently been emailing me. I am not 100 percent attracted to him but he is cute. And best of all he is very sweet and seems to be a romantic. To add to it he is tall, while I also am. He just seems to be moving fast already having only starting getting into a conversation with him through email just today. He is already telling me he wants to me to be there with him etc. It’s sweet, but scares me that he is moving so fast. I am usually someone who moves fast too so thats why its weird to see someone moving even faster. Maybe its the age difference. I am 22 and he is 31.

What should I do? I travel so I do eventually plan on seeing him just to hangout because he is a nice person to at least be friends with. Lately I am trying to stay open to romantic relationships since I’ve had negative dating experiences.

honeyhoney
    honeyhoney
    Participant
    July 14, 2014 at 5:15 pm #57435

Moving fast is usually not a good sign.

Be careful, but be honest too, tell him you only seek friendship and if he takes offense, then you know he was up to no good.

Since he is in Europe and you are in the USA there is no threat, you can just ignore his messages or block him.

You’ll be just fine

Lifeinanutshell
    Participant
    July 15, 2014 at 8:41 am #57360

Can someone please help!

Lifeinanutshell
    Participant
    July 15, 2014 at 10:09 am #57474

Thank you honeyhoney! Yes he has been slightly too much. He is nice and I am trying to be open minded, but I feel instantly turned off by it. I have a tendency to like people fast and plan ahead in my head, but I don’t actually go about saying it to them quite like he does or need to talk to them every second like he seems to need to do through email. I just feel bad because he already seems so sensitive about certain things I try to say. How do I break it off? Before I realized how fast he was going to go I offered to skype with him. Should I now decline that? I wouldn’t have minded being friends with him, but I dont think he will be interested in that

For some reason the comment on receiving more helped posted later than when I wrote it. Just ignore that!

nm444bh
    nm444bh
    Participant
    July 16, 2014 at 1:33 am #57583

It can also be a cultural difference too. I know people from different cultures tend to look at the dating spectrum much differently than here in the USA. They may move faster in some respects but may be more reserved when it comes to sex and intimacy. I will say this, if you’re looking for something solid and don’t want to move to Europe you’re better off just being pen pals and friends. Good luck!

fashiongirl
    Participant
    July 17, 2014 at 10:37 pm #57715

slow down

Anonymous
    July 23, 2014 at 4:43 am #58020

Try to write to him about your intentions, there is nothing to hide in this situation and do not be shy but tell him that you want to be friends at first.

RedSunshine
    Participant
    July 23, 2014 at 6:30 am #58023

Look after yourself and have fun, you’re still young