Guy I'm dating left for football game and told me this week. Should I be mad?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• NYGirl99
    Participant
    September 3, 2016 at 7:26 am #110492

Ok, so this guy I have been on four dates decides to attend a football game out of town this long weekend. He mentioned that he was interested in attending this game 2x in the last few weeks, although I had no idea the game was this weekend. We go out last week and have a great time. I was away last weekend at a wedding and he asks that I text him. We exchange texts back and forth and he is super nice and sweet. The last text he sends me he says we will chat this week, as we normally do to set up our next date. Days pass and I hear nothing. He has a stressful job-I get that. I text him Thursday to ask how he’s doing and he tells me he’s going to a football game out of town and wishes me a nice Labor Day Weekend. He says we will catch up next week. WT! Should I be pissed off? I decide not to text back.

tearsxonxeyelashes
    Participant
    September 4, 2016 at 6:38 pm #110511

I would respond with a polite text back of a “you too!” just to keep everything smooth, then if he wants to organise the next catch up, he will. I mean he probably really wanted to go to the game and has been busy planning everything, its annoying I know but it might just be how he is. Be polite and if he tries to follow up, then you will know 🙂

NYGirl99
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 8:51 am #110520

Thank you! Yes, I sent a text wishing his team good luck and he responded immediately. I’m keeping my fingers crossed I see him when he gets back. 🙂

NYGirl99
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 8:51 am #110523

Thanks. Texted to wish his team good luck and received a reply immediately. Hoping I see him this week……