Guy I'm supposed to love vs the guy who has my heart

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Emhopeless
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 2:00 pm #96521

I ended a very disfunctional relationship with my ex about a year ago. We were madly in love but there were several things about us that didn’t work and we ended up falling apart. Since then I’ve been dating a man who is respectful, has a good job, is great with my daughter, who my family likes, basically everything about him is great. But I feel like there is no deeper connection between us. In the mean time, my ex wants to spend time with me. We met up once and I can’t help but feel so much love for him. Why can’t I have those feelings for my current boyfriend? Will they ever come? Should I ditch the rational choice and get back together with my ex? Help!

Richy Rich
    Richy Rich
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 3:26 pm #96523

Is the rational choice a “Steady Eddie” type? Safe but someone who does not get you excited to see him?

Emhopeless
    Participant
    March 25, 2016 at 4:40 pm #96529

Yes, really safe. But I don’t feel a deep connection with him. The other guy though I love, but we’ve done so much to hurt each other.

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 26, 2016 at 1:37 pm #96540

No…don’t get back together with you r ex! That’s moving backwards. Also if you don’t feel that deep love for your current bf..then tell him so and just stay friends.It’s not right for him to probably be deeply in love with you and you don’t feel the same. He needs to be with someone who really loves him deeply too.
    You can’t force something that you don’t feel. Like I said..still be friends because he sounds like a really nice guy.

Richy Rich
    Richy Rich
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 9:51 am #96586

I’m sorry but you are the kind of woman who likes bad boys and rough sex. That’s just the way you were made. Remember that, when you decide what you want to do.

My thoughts exactly…..

I_AM_ALEX
    Participant
    March 29, 2016 at 7:40 am #96667

I don’t recall her saying anything about rough sex, maybe you’re venting your own frustrations? I think we would need more info for great advice. Was he abusive, verbally or physically? If not, and it’s just regular spats, it could work out as you both become more mature. I don’t believe in staying in a relationship because you feel like it’s what you’re supposed to do. But I also don’t think you should get back into something that’s inherently unhealthy.