Guy needing advice.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Guy needing advice.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dylan9301
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 8:34 pm #83991
    Guy needing advice.

Ok, so ive been having a very hard time in the dating world this last year. Im a 22 year old male, 5’11” but very skinny. I work during the week as an electrician 8-5. I own a car and a house. Since grade 12 in highschool ive had 2 long term GF 1st was one year and I broke it off. Second was 2 years and I broke it off. Figured I would give it some time. This was April 2014. I gave it until the middle of summer before I put myself out there again. Being i was out of highschool its beem troublesome. And here’s where it starts I took up going to the gym every night to bulk up and hopefully make some new friends to grow my social circle which didnt work. Those guys/girls didn’t want to associate with the skinny guy. I tried the bars. Had a couple very short term flings which ended in the girl drifting away. Ive finally tried online dating on pof. I spent the time to make a profile that really suited me with decent pictures. I have had a bit of interest but its not working out. I get zero interest when I see girls around town and I have a very hard time approaching a girl cold like that.

I don’t know where to turn. I need some advice.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Dylan9301.

Dylan9301
    Participant
    August 13, 2015 at 7:31 am #83999

Thanks for the responses. You have told me the areas I have chosen are bad ideas to meet women and for the most part I knew it. And heres why i chose them. I was never and I mean never a fan of nonlinear dating. I believed if I signed up for it I may as well just give up at dating, here’s where I changed my mind. I live in a small town of 20000 people that consists of mainly old people. There are not many girls age 19-24 as they are gone to college or university in other larger towns/cities. I can literally get off work and venture through town after 5pm and not see a girl in my age group except girls working/gym/bars. So if I rule out bars and gym. It leaves me with girls working which are only smiling because its there job. Its a bad idea to hit on girls working as its there job to be friendly. There loaded guns.

So here’s my question, where and how do I meet people? Where are those girls I see working going on off time?

Another question. Is it a bad idea to approach a girl while working? I go from site to site and occassionally see girls while at lunch or coffee brakes that id love to talk to. I feel being at work in grubby work attire wouldn’t work.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Dylan9301.

chieners
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 9:26 pm #84121

Hi Dylan,

I guess my biggest question right now is where are the girls that you WANT to meet hanging out? What kind of things do you like? I know there are a lot of things that you mentioned that relay to me what you feel will help you gain that slight edge, but in the end, are you working out JUST purely for women?

Eric

jake0606
    Participant
    August 15, 2015 at 5:14 am #84139

Good advice!

Vasch
    Participant
    August 15, 2015 at 10:51 pm #84162

I also need advice. I’ve been with this woman for 2 years now. She was living in my house, and then out of the blue she said she wanted to move out. She says that wants to stay together, but be in a dating phase.

To me this seems like the relationship is going backwards. To top it off whenever I’m around her and her friends she doesn’t really want to have nothing to do with me. I still have feelings for her, and when it is just she and I, I can tell she does too.

I don’t know if I should break it off or what. I am just looking for any ideas or thoughts on the situation. If you need any further details just ask please.

Dylan9301
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 8:32 am #84134

To tell yea the truth Eric. Growing up through school I was always the smallest kid that looked the youngest. Kinda took a beating on me. Through highschool I had a couple close friends and the rest felt like axxwholes and the girls looked past me. Now that I’m older, more set in life I’m meeting more people. I feel like because I don’t have a large group of friends I’m stuck with what I have. I had a girl for over 2 years and gave it all to her. Now that I’m out I feel awkward, like everyone has their group there in and wont venture from it. I’m from a small town where everyone knows everyone. Its not only girls I’m looking for though. its just everyone looks at me like I’m odd. I know I have a hard time approaching people because I don’t know what to say but when I do I feel I can hold a steady Convo. I just don’t know because I feel like I’m always getting turned down or looked weird upon. And as much as I know I have a weird personality its like people can just sense it from me.

Dylan9301
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 8:32 am #84135

Dunno if my prev comment went through but. If I knew where the girls I want hang out id be there right now lol. Thing is I don’t know… and really I have many hobbies. I like outdoors with friends. That’s it. I feel like the friends I have are enough. But I also feel girls don’t thinks the same. If it takes making a larger group of guy friends then so be it. To be honest I kinda feel like a much younger 40 year old virgen that’s not a virgen and not quite as far out. I just wanna be able to be acceptaded when I walk in.

Dylan9301
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 8:32 am #84137

I don’t know where they hang out… that’s kinda the issue. Like I was just down at rib fest which had musta been 2-3000 people. There was not many single looking girls there. And the ones that were there where bombarded with friends. And I have lots of interests, fishing is a big one. Dirtbiking is fading but still go out. I love building or doing renovations to things. I don’t get a lot of time for these things though around work. And i kinda want to expand my friends both girls and guys. I haven’t made a new close friend in a while so its getting kinda weird and I want more women in my life. I have guys Ive meet ask me to come out for dinner everynow and then but I don’t have a girl to invite so I miss out on stuff like that.

Dylan9301
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 8:32 am #84156

thanks for the advice eric… I dont know if its what im looking for.. i dont know where the girls hang out.. and no i was working out to meet friends and bulk up a little bit.. i just dont know where to start.. I just feel like a lot of the time im alone and have no one to call to hang out or meet up with.

Mohajaja
    Participant
    August 20, 2015 at 6:37 am #84421
    Reply To: Guy needing advice.

Your welcome

HufflepuffAlways02
    Participant
    August 21, 2015 at 1:48 am #84437

I think the biggest problem in todays world is fear, both men and women are afraid to approach people because they don’t want to be rejected. you have to just try, every chance you get. otherwise you’ll never know. you may get rejected a bunch of times, but it only takes one time.

foodwhiskey
    Participant
    August 21, 2015 at 5:52 pm #84543

just find girls anywhere you go. doesn’t have to be a bar, etc. have you tried meetup?

anonymousjay
    Participant
    August 22, 2015 at 6:25 pm #84566

I wish I could help, but i dont know enough to help