guy pulling away? what to do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

guitarlover5
    Participant
    May 20, 2015 at 11:48 pm #79445

Hello Everyone,
    So I have liked this guy for a while for about a year n half . and we talked every so often at a grocery store he started to work at.
    I later on added him on facebook and didnt talk to him for a while but ask how hes doing.
    Then later on he messaged me asking how i was doing, we started to talk a little more. & he said he deffinatly wanted to hang out.
    So I brought my friend along with me just bc i didn’t want to go alone for the first time actually hanging out with him. so I brought my friend along and it seemed like it went well. we talked about art , and music, and he works in construction which is great because I am going to school for interior design.
    so after I waited a little while and said I enjoyed the day and it was fun. and we talked a little bit thorugh text after that.
    I was going to a concert and he said he thought it be fun. I sent him the set list then all of a sudden he didnt reply. so i waited a little while amd then it was his birthday. ..

guitarlover5
    Participant
    May 20, 2015 at 11:52 pm #79446

I felt like I should say happy birthday to him so i just called him and left a voice mail saying happy birthday and hope he has a great day.
    I didnt hear anything , so i didnt want to be a nagg so i just didnt ask how his birthday was or anything. so i waited a little longer a week later and just texted hey 🙂 . still no response… so im not so sure why he is pulling away all of a sudden. I thought things went great with our hang out. now that my friends have known some think i should move on, its been about 3 weeks now, im not so sure what to do. we live realy close to eachother too so eventually im sure we will bump into eachother . he cant hide forever. last thing i ask was if he wanted to help me with a project i am working on. it hought maybe it would strike his interests a little instead of asking how r u doing?. still no reply.. so im not sure if maybe i said something to strike his ego off? any advice? i do realize if you give a guy space after a while they will come back.

guitarlover5
    Participant
    May 21, 2015 at 8:33 am #79447

I am hoping that is the case if i dont say anything maybe for another week or two. i just started a new internship for my bachelors degree, idk if maybe he thinks that i am to much for him maybe.. but i felt we had a great connection. maybe he has things going on that i dont know about or maybe he is afraid of commitment idk. i feel i should get to know him better thn make the judge if i do want to keep going out with him.
    if i give him a little bit of space do you think it might help? i have noticed when i didnt give him much attention is when he kept asking me to hang out.

guitarlover5
    Participant
    May 21, 2015 at 8:33 am #79452

can anyone help me with some advice?

kquin
    Participant
    May 21, 2015 at 6:18 pm #79534

I understand the struggle. Just based off my experiences I think it might be time to try and move on. He kinda sounds like a jerk just based off the simple statement you said of him hitting you up when you start to ignore him. Its a really childish game that people play and you don’t want to be with someone who will play those types of games with you. It’s a harsh truth but its better to take it then to chase a guy that really isn’t worth the time and effort.

guitarlover5
    Participant
    May 24, 2015 at 12:01 am #79682

well now he contacted me again, and after we hung out he didn’t ignore me or anything we talked for about a week after that, so thats where I got kinda confused. maybe he got busy idk. I guess i’ll just keep playing it by ear. if he keeps playing games though then I’m done lol