Guy seemed to really like me, but he kind of blew me off

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

montanawild69
    Participant
    July 27, 2014 at 1:20 pm #58341

I met this guy recently, and he was perfect. everything seemed way too good to be true. he was sweet, and smart, and so funny, i laughed the entire time. he kept telling me how pretty i was, how good a time he was having, and how he really wanted to do it again. i felt really good after our date. he kissed me and i could tell there was something there. it was an amazing kiss. he said “wow” when i pulled away. we made plans to see each other again, but then he said he couldnt make it anymore because it was his brothers birthday and he had forgotten, and he couldnt any other day of the week because of work. he said “maybe next week?” and i said “of course, just let me know.” he never responded to that. it didnt seem to me like he was excited to see me at all. he could be telling the truth, but it isnt looking too good. i dont know if i should just move on, or maybe send him a “how was your week” text. i dont want to seem pathetic, but im not sure im ready to just give up. thoughts?

montanawild69
    Participant
    July 27, 2014 at 5:33 pm #58354

shameless self bump lol

SweetChameleon14
    Participant
    July 27, 2014 at 6:29 pm #58355

I’d send a basic text, “hey how have you been?” or something along those lines. If no response, move on. It’s not as if you two were together for a long time and are contemplating working it out…you had *one* date so it’s easier to brush off.

Sounds like he was into you, but life caught up to him. He could be really busy, but I wouldn’t WAIT for him (especially since it’s only been…you know, one date). I’d still go out and meet others and if he comes back around, you can decide if it’s worth a second date. 🙂

montanawild69
    Participant
    July 28, 2014 at 8:50 am #58356

I’d send a basic text, “hey how have you been?” or something along those lines. If no response, move on. It’s not as if you two were together for a long time and are contemplating working it out…you had *one* date so it’s easier to brush off.
    Sounds like he was into you, but life caught up to him. He could be really busy, but I wouldn’t WAIT for him (especially since it’s only been…you know, one date). I’d still go out and meet others and if he comes back around, you can decide if it’s worth a second date.

thanks, i sent the text, no response yet, but theres a chance he might be at work (and therefore not have had time to answer)

i mean i guess it will be easy to brush it off. id just like to know for sure if he’s interested or not so i can definitively move on from him.

SilviaMendez
    SilviaMendez
    Participant
    August 1, 2014 at 8:50 am #58635

I was going to say let him message you but you already did it!
    When he messages you back take your time to respond as you don’t want to seem too available.