Guy stopped seeing me as gf material

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • April 11, 2017 at 1:42 am #132797

I met a guy online and we had three very good dates. I started to get scared that I liked him too much by the time we hung out the 4th time things got weird because I brought up the relationship talk too soon. I eventually called it off with him but then tried to talk to him a few weeks later because I regretted my choice. Since then, he has liked my tweets online every single day and will message me to meet up for a late night drink every now and then but that’s about it (I met him once out of the several times he asked). He knows I want more and remains distant yet won’t exit my life completely, which is confusing. I’m considering not responding at all next time or maybe after a week. Is no contact the way to go? I like him and wish he would pursue me like he did in the beginning.

Anonymous
    April 11, 2017 at 11:22 am #132836

You probably were just overthinking the whole thing. Bringing up the relationship talk isn’t necessarily a bad thing, it just seems like you two were on separate levels and that was something that needed to get sorted out anyways. I would just step back – and really really think about whether or not you would be interested in someone on a different page than you right now.
    I dated this guy that I was way more interested in than he was me, and let me tell you that was the most confusing & annoying thing in my life. I met the guy I’m dating right now from the same place as the previous guy and I am so much happier, but I never would have noticed him if I hadn’t let go of the other guy.