Guy who doesn't like kissing

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AnimalLover
    AnimalLover
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:56 am #41314

I am dating this new guy and everything is going GREAT. The only thing is that he doesn’t like kissing…. That’s weird, right?!

I am not sure how to feel about this. Thoughts?

ForumLover
    ForumLover
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm #41320

i had this problem once, but I think it was because we both had just been to an Italian restaurant and had these garlic rolls. are you sure it wasn’t just because he was self-conscious about his bad breath or does he flat out not like kissing all the time?

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 2:25 pm #41322

Have you talked to him about it? Might be like FL said, could be self-conscious about something.

Maybe you can get him into kissing then he won’t stop.

Kaitie
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 7:50 pm #41346

I am sort of the same way. Personally, I just find it a little awkward at first with someone new. I think you should give him a little time to warm up.

kr1990
    Participant
    October 17, 2013 at 6:54 pm #41419

I’m a guy and personally It takes me a while to be comfortable kissing a girl im going out with, thats just me though.

BreakingGood
    Participant
    October 19, 2013 at 10:06 pm #41462

I am a guy and if I am into the girl I REALLY enjoy kissing her.

LoveLuster208
    Participant
    October 25, 2013 at 2:30 am #41899

If he flat out hates kissing and you really like him ask him what some things are that he does like that will let you show each other affection. Once you get to the point of sincere affection, this might create a much larger desire in him to want to kiss you. Also, ask him if he had a bad experience. Maybe he would like it if you put some sweet lip gloss on, or if he is weird about the texture/taste of French kissing try swapping mints between your mouths while kissing. That can also create a very sexy moment (;

Good luck!

catcat789
    Participant
    October 28, 2013 at 1:23 am #41974

I think at the beginning kissing is always a bit awkward so maybe that’s why. When you get into it more kissing will come.

I’ve been in that situation.

Max3732
    Participant
    November 2, 2013 at 4:36 pm #42369

I’m a guy who really enjoys kissing, but I’m scared to death to try and initiate it. Maybe he’s the same way. Have you tried other physical contact like holding hands? Maybe start slow and kind of show you’re interested in kissing by getting him in situations where he’d feel comfortable

laurabell
    laurabell
    Participant
    November 11, 2013 at 3:50 pm #42678
    Reply To: Guy who doesn't like kissing

I agree with the others. Maybe he just feels awkward/uncomfortable about it? Or it could be that you’ve just started a relationship with him and he’s not ready to move at the same pace you want. Try talking to him about it, or just wait and see if he feels more comfortable after a couple more weeks.

Anonymous
    November 17, 2013 at 4:22 pm #42972

Definitely speak to him about it.

jakev93
    Participant
    November 18, 2013 at 2:24 am #42973

I’m a guy and I really enjoy kissing but tongue kind of grosses me out.

page16ashlee
    page16ashlee
    Participant
    November 19, 2013 at 8:56 pm #43140

I would talk to him about it. maybe ask what he doesnt like about it and try another way to show affection

Anonymous
    November 20, 2013 at 2:52 pm #43183

maybe he’s just shy ….

MP.Clan
    Participant
    November 21, 2013 at 1:59 am #43198

Just give him a bit more time, and things should be fine.

1 2