Guys, is this a sign he's pulling back, questioning it, or just busy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sophie198991
    Participant
    June 9, 2016 at 11:21 pm #103104

Recently started talking again with a guy from the past, I suggested being hookups but keeping an open mind. We hooked up once, started talking all the time, later he expressed his feelings for me then said it’s too soon to move to the next step. Called a few days later stated that after reflection he wants to be more serious, not want to miss an opportunity to see how things play out and asked if I wanted to start dating/taking, more than just hook ups. Has inconsistent texting patterns, can be alot or not much all day. Came over yesterday, hung out for a while then hooked up. Had to leave for work, called right after he left and talked for an hour. After the phone call he didn’t text me that evening. I text him about something he left, after a few texts then he stopped. Text me today saying sorry and that he fell asleep. Haven’t heard anything else all day. He left for a camping trip tonight his weekend and said a few days ago that his service would be gone.

Louie97
    Participant
    June 13, 2016 at 3:03 pm #103316

i think he’s pulling back

TetrisSeal
    TetrisSeal
    Participant
    June 14, 2016 at 2:24 pm #103348

It does sound like he’s backing off for some reason.

lilyvalley
    Participant
    June 14, 2016 at 9:22 pm #103361

yeah seems like he’s backing off, don’t say or do anything and give it 2 weeks, if he keeps doing it kick him to the curb

sagigirl
    Participant
    June 16, 2016 at 6:22 pm #103546

don’t think the extreme. Don’t do no more work wait for him to make a move now ur doing to much let him pursue you now.

vassi1001
    Participant
    June 22, 2016 at 3:37 am #103824

I think that is a sign that he is pulling back.

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:03 am #104401

he is not pulling back, he doesn’t know where you are at right now. If he was pulling back he would stop all together. He is going back and forth because he is unsure what to do. Sometimes when hook ups become more we (guys) get cautious of things we have heard in the past or even recently told… that hook ups can never be more than that. my name is Jay and Jay says “That is nonsense”. But I will says that if someone or something said is making him question things, it’s because it doesn’t sound logical that a hook up can work. You two first hooked up with no emotions, a lot of times when people cheat they “hook up with no emotions”. Just show and tell him what you want and everything will be fine communication is key but it has to focused the right way to get the results you want

gracefor8
    gracefor8
    Participant
    July 12, 2016 at 8:36 pm #105050

Sounds like he is backing off. Maybe he is unsure of his feelings, or it was too much too fast . Give him time. Don’t reach out to him, let him initiate contact. See what happens. If you don’t hear from him, then you will know.