Guy's opinion? Why won't he try to talk to me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ardorformusic
    Participant
    January 27, 2014 at 1:56 am #46601

I first noticed this guy because of his courtesy toward me. Always polite, friendly, gentlemanly–although shy at the same time. I caught him staring for a really intense long time, so I took that to mean for sure he was attracted.

Ever since, a few months have passed and he makes no attempts. There would be some instances where he seems to be trying, like one time when he saw me sitting by myself. He walked to me like he wanted to sit there, but then quickly passed and sat with his friends instead.

I figured he was just too shy, so I started taking initiative instead. When I talk to him, he’d seem really nervous, fidgeting a lot, but he’ll still maintain eye contact frequently. He’d ask a little bit about me, and I’d do the same. I try to give him opportunity to initiate conversation with me as well, but he doesn’t take it. Granted, our conversations aren’t very exciting, as we’re both shy, but why doesn’t he just talk to me when he has the chance? Does he not like me after all?

targetpractice69
    Participant
    January 29, 2014 at 10:39 am #46765

Is he that polite with everyone else or just you? If he’s shy and doesn’t talk to anyone else but still goes out of his way to be “polite” to you then he’s probably shy and thats his way of interacting with you when he can.

The thing about walking up to u then walking away is pretty much a cliche lol yes he’s shy and most likely panicked last second. Also if he doesn’t talk much but tries to maintain a conversation with you, although nervous or fidgety, that probably means he likes you too.

I’m the same way I’m shy but will go out of mg way to be polite and courteous to a girl I like, I also don’t like to talk much so if I’m at least trying to keep the conversation going with u instead of saying “ok bye” then it means I like you otherwise I wouldn’t bother

ianlev02
    Participant
    January 30, 2014 at 12:01 pm #46880

Go for it!

holdengolden
    Participant
    January 30, 2014 at 7:34 pm #46964

Keep trying, he likes you but is confused on exactly how to approach it because he’s probably thinking about you non-stop.

Skiguy1978
    Participant
    February 26, 2014 at 7:04 pm #48499

….Sometimes a girl needs to be obvious in her intentions……so if you like him, maybe pull him aside and say hey, when can we chat? Or maybe go for a coffee? Or someplace where it’s just the two of you alone, and no one else around, that way you can talk and get to know each other….but as a girl, I know you like to talk….so just start talking, he will relax, and learn about you, talk about your life, your background, your family, your pets, anything to get the conversation started…..some guys just need a bit of a kick start……he’s probably worried about messing things up……..and some of us are just very private and don’t like to interact around others……he could be a very private person too…..just don’t play games and be honest around him…..