Had the First Date, Now What?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

GFR_Day
    Participant
    November 28, 2017 at 10:44 pm #157691

Hello All,

I’m trying to figure out how this girl feels about me. Maybe I’m overthinking it, I don’t know?

1. We met on a dating site, talked for a couple of weeks.
    2. Found out we had mutual friends, which both gave good references.
    3. Went out, dinner was great, but she kept getting phone calls from a family member asking for them to come hang out.
    4. My date said no one knew she was out on a date, and if they knew, this certain family member would be calling more than she was
    5. The family member called 3 times, the first 2 times I asked if she needed to leave, my date said that she didn’t. After the 3rd time, she did.
    6. We go outside, I gave her a hug before we left, and she held onto me for a few seconds. We eventually kissed after that.
    7. We had been corresponding through Facebook previous to the date. No numbers exchanged.
    8. I mention that to her the next day, she said she couldn’t believe she didn’t ask for my number, or that I didn’t ask.

GFR_Day
    Participant
    November 28, 2017 at 10:48 pm #157692

9. She then gave me her number.
    10. We’ve talked pretty much all day every day since the date.
    11. She said she wants to see me again, and had good things to say about me after the date (I’m really sweet, easy to talk to, etc)
    12. I’ve been trying to make plans with her this week, she says she wants to see me, but she won’t really commit to a night. It’s always I don’t know yet, or I’ll let you know.

Whenever I’m interested in someone, I’m pretty gung-ho about it. I’ll make time to hang out with them, and I’ll commit to it. This girl just seems hard to read, and I’m fearful she may not be totally interested and afraid to hurt my feelings. I told her before the date, if she wasn’t interested, I’d appreciate it if she would be up front and just tell me. I just hate getting lead on.

What do y’all think?

missmaris
    Participant
    November 29, 2017 at 2:28 am #157694

If she really wanted to she would go out with you. Move on. Until she meets your advances don’t persist.