Hard to read guy

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Hard to read guy

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SM28
    SM28
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 7:27 am #127576
    Hard to read guy

There’s a guy at work I’ve been there 6month, he’s about 2years older than me, we’ve got on well with since I started. He’s quite shy doesn’t say much, He doesn’t really text or use fb often, we’re both gamers but different platforms have similar interests. We went out with a few others from work to a bar couple of days ago and we literally spent all night talking a lot more than he normally says and had a really good night, I’ve seen him at work since and we talk when we can, when we do see eachothert he buys me drinks pays for taxis and won’t let me give him anything back, and I’ve noticed he avoids eye contact when we talk like he’s really nervous. I don’t know if I’m thinking into it too much but he’s really hard to read? If there is anything it’s clearly in the early stages :/ it’s difficult with him not being much of a texter because that’s where I’d feel more comfortable talking because we only see eachother at work and both part time

Poupinette
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 8:01 am #127580

Hey,
    from what you’ve written, there is the possibility of him liking you but being too shy to do anything about it. At the same time, you feel more comfortable discussing things over text messages, which doesn’t really help either. I’d strongly advise you to build up the courage and ask him out, otherwise you both could be playing this game for a long long time.

anon721
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 10:39 pm #127600

I think he is just very shy. You can still say what you would like over text. This might hopefully give him a little more courage.

Insecure
    Participant
    February 21, 2017 at 5:54 am #127604

I think he´s into you. Probably he´s just shy. Give him more time. Hang out more with him and even though he is not much of a texter, text him (not a lot), send him some musics that you like, you can email him too (interesting articles, music) (not your institucional email, but private one). Try to create a bond.

jgraham11
    Participant
    February 21, 2017 at 9:44 pm #127762

The best way to get a read from him would be in person. Texting only does so much. You won’t be able to get a good read from him with text alone

woodworker
    woodworker
    Participant
    February 23, 2017 at 5:10 am #127920

I never understood dating at work. To me it’s lazy, and if things go sour, you can’t just stop seeing the person. It creates a messed up environment for everybody else and etc. There are rules in place for good reason, business means business for many and don’t want any more dynamics than that. I would say that this poor dude might hate the environment (I don’t blame him) for love and wants separate worlds outside of the grind. If he acts a certain way at work, then changes the temp outside of work, that may be a good indicator of what I says.