Has he lost interest? Was he ever interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lilith6604
    Participant
    December 17, 2016 at 1:14 pm #120491

Around 5 years ago I went on a date with someone i met on an Internet dating site. The date went really well, we connected, we laughed, and we kissed so chemistry was definitely there. So I was really surprised when he didn’t call me afterwards but I just kind of forgot about it and got on with my life. So around a year ago out of the blue he started messaging me on whatsapp and we’ve been chatting ever since. It didn’t start out flirty but more recently we have been chatting more and more and chatting on the phone as well and mentioned meeting up on quite few occasions although for one reason or another it hasn’t happened yet. So he went out of the country for a week recently and during that time Our contact increased even more, chatting every day on the phone. But what is confusing me is that he hasn’t mentioned meeting up since he got back , And in the last couple of days he’s barely contacted me at all. What do I do? should I ask him what’s wrong, should I just forget it?

• This topic was modified 10 months ago by  lilith6604.

Ankat
    Participant
    December 18, 2016 at 9:47 pm #120509

Sounds like he’s inerested in an ego boost from you, not a real life relationship with you. If he was back home visiting parents and comes from a country where parents do matchmaking, daily calls that look like he’s in a relationship woud be a good way to keep his mom and aunties from trying to get him engaged with a local girl.

lilith6604
    Participant
    December 19, 2016 at 9:02 am #120492

Oh and I did ask him why he never called me all those years ago, and he said he was really unconfident at the time and had felt that maybe his apartment wasn’t nice enough etc. I told him that that was silly and I would never have thought that. we get on so well and he has really confided in me about things so I am really surprised and disappointed that he seems to have just completely lost interest. Should I ask in the reason why? I really don’t know what to do. And I feel surprisingly upset about it.