Has she lost interest?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Has she lost interest?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

darkar
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 1:58 pm #121158
    Has she lost interest?

I’m quite a shy and introverted guy, so dating isn’t something that comes naturally to me.

Anyway had a resturant date with a lady about 2 weeks ago. She was lovely, very smiley, she was full of conversation AND way out my league. We sat for hours chatting and at the end of the meal, she asked for my number and suggested we meet up again. As we left the resturant I invited her for a drink at a nearby bar. We had a drink but the bar was very busy and noisy, so conversation didn’t flow very well. Anyway, she suggested we look for another bar that was quieter and had seats, but we couldn’t find one, so we agreed to call it a night. Just before we parted ways, we gazed into each others eyes for 7-10 seconds, my anxiety was unbearable so I lightly hugged her. I really wanted to kiss her, but my anxiety got the better of me.

Anyway, I got home and 20 minutes later she sent me a text saying he had a great evening, really enjoyed meeting me and she was looking forward to meeting up (cont.)

darkar
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 1:59 pm #121159

…. again. The text messages flowed really well that evening, but lacked any sort of flirtation.

Anyway we continued to text and arranged a second date for January. By this stage the text messages weren’t flowing as well as before, perhaps due to the Christmas distractions or because the text messages weren’t developing beyond, “How are you”, “What are you doing today”, type stuff. Neither of us broke the double texting rule, no matter how many hours/days a response took.

Anyway on Christmas morning, I wished her a Merry Christmas and she replied saying the same thing, but we haven’t text since Sunday.

I’m really looking for some help and advice.

Thanks 🙂

MaryCato
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 8:54 pm #121173

I don’t think so. She may not be too comfortable with you yet, but she seems very chill around you.

pmag
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 7:21 am #121182

Stop obsessing. It’s a waiting game. The more you can control your angst, the more attractive you will seem to her. It’s too early t say if it’s locked down or not so don’t even worry about that part yet.

zogoflax
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 3:01 pm #121237

I’m going through something very similar at the moment … so I totally get where you are coming from. I agree with pmag … try not to stress … take a break … start thinking about when/where regarding a second date and present that to her when the time is right. Dating as adults with jobs and in my case kids … it’s really easy to just be too exhausted for small talk. Slow it way down until you’re ready for the next date, or if you truly have an interesting topic that will keep her attention and spark a real conversation. (now of course I need to take my own advice as well!)

josephddiazz
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 3:31 pm #121239

I agree with the comments above. The longer you take to respond, the more she will wonder why you arent responding and the more attractive you will become to her.

wburdon
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 9:05 pm #121250

wait it out.

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 1:06 am #121259

The way out of my league comment is a problem. If she really is like a 9 and you’re a 5 or something that’s likely to cause problems even if you were able to get her in a serious relationship. If there isn’t that big a looks gap, then you need to boost your confidence and not think a person you’re interested in “is out of your league.”

Trunman
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 6:57 am #121262

Im guessing that when you went on a date, she wantend to see what you got to offer and it seems that she is not interrested for another date…give it a little time and then you can text her again, if she still not interrested….move on

Anonymous
    December 29, 2016 at 6:24 pm #121284
    Reply To: Has she lost interest?

I am thinking it is time to go looking for other woman. If it were me I wouldn’t be holding out. If she is very attractive and you think she is out of your league then she probably is constantly asked out by many men daily and has a long list of men just begging her like crazy for a date. It could happen but with that much time going by and the conversation going south I really think it is time to let go and move on to other women.

Alexander Williams
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 9:43 pm #121288

Yeah sorry

rachaelblackmore
    Participant
    December 30, 2016 at 5:21 am #121291

I very much doubt she’s out of your league, that’s merely your perception of her. At the end of the day she is just a person, like you, with insecurities and hang ups of her own. Maybe she is being cautious because she can’t read how you feel about her, the same way you are being cautious. She sounds nice, and it sounds like your date went well – if I were you I’d arrange another date asap to a) assess the spark and b) prevent things drying up on the text and then fading to another missed opportunity. Hope that helps! 🙂

Dolores88
    Participant
    December 30, 2016 at 1:20 pm #121304

It’s a classic waiting, “who takes the first turn” game. She is acting friendly, but flirty at the same time and she doesn’t want you to think that she is desperate for relationship. Go easy if you want something serious. Few days later ask her out for a movie or bowling, do something funny besides dinner. Make a lot of jokes, have fun and things will go easy. Best of luck!

The24thMartian
    Participant
    December 30, 2016 at 11:19 pm #121315

Be confident the next time you attempt to engage a kiss with her, but do this while keeping her comfortable

doubledutch
    Participant
    December 30, 2016 at 11:47 pm #121321

I have limited experience with dating, but all I can say is when you are dealing with really attractive women they will feel your anxiety immediately and you can’t afford to have any of it, they automatically assume you are insecure and wouldn’t be a good partner.. if you fucked up though the good news is you can keep trying with new women lol.

1 2