Hate dating, and getting an introverted man to ask me out, from dating site!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Badass
    Badass
    Participant
    June 7, 2015 at 6:41 pm #80366

Alright alright alright! So I’m talking to a hot introvert online. He’s cool, but he has serious social anxiety. He told me he has had vacations spent in hotel rooms, hasn’t been out to a movie since 2005 and goes to bed at 7PM. We have a lot in common too tho, love animals, robots, and nerdy stuff. I can’t help but think something is wrong with me for wanting to date him, but I don’t care to follow traditional rules and am an introvert myself. Not like him tho, that’s extreme. So how do I ask him out without scaring him. I have patience but I don’t even know how to handle a nice shy guy. I invited him to a movie on Thursday but it was last minute and he said you go ahead I am having a bad week, but we should go out in the next week or two. No follow up. We chat, and text daily. Other guys ask me out but they don’t care about my interests, or show it. This guy is caring and smart. Ok so how to proceed? I’m leaving town next weekend, so I’d like to meet him before I go.

VincentPalZon
    Participant
    June 7, 2015 at 7:56 pm #80375

Since he has social anxiety, that usually means that he doesn’t like to be around a bunch of people. If he goes on a date with you where there’s no one around, I’m sure he would be fine. Even just inviting him over to watch a movie at your place would probably do the trick.

JeffS
    Participant
    June 9, 2015 at 12:36 pm #80507

I wouldn’t wait for him to ask you out, just ask him out. I agree, do something more private, not with people around, no loud noises, etc.

Vivahate
    Vivahate
    Participant
    June 10, 2015 at 7:59 am #80543

I agree with some of the above. As a guy who has some social anxieties – being around bigger groups can make you nervous and then you have this fear of displaying your anxieties in front of your date. Try organise something really low key with him where its just the two of you or as little people around as possible. Something as simple as a walk in a park and sit and talk. Once he is comfortable with you then you can try expanding and bringing him to more social places because you’ll be there as his anchor as a person he feels comfortable and safe with and it will make it a bit less confronting than dealing with social anxieties + a new date to impress at the same time 🙂

Vicky
    Participant
    July 31, 2015 at 4:55 pm #83467

I would not wait for him but we do not know him as mush as you do. It is frustrating waiting for a guy to contact me.

nomennescio
    Participant
    August 4, 2015 at 9:56 pm #83576

Just ask him out. If he is that introverted, he may have little to no experience dating so you may have to take the lead so to speak. I agree with the other posters in you should do something low key and non-traditional. Find out where he likes to go and go from there. Good Luck!

blaket81
    Participant
    August 5, 2015 at 8:05 am #83579

I agree with Vincent, it sounds like this guy is just like me (except i go to movies and don’t go to bed at 7). I am much better one on one with someone and am horrible in groups. It’s nice to know there’s a guy like me that a woman is interested in though, i thought women hated introverts or guys that aren’t good in groups. Gives me some hope for the future.

vrj
    Participant
    August 5, 2015 at 9:17 pm #83635

get a life and feel free to choice what person you want in your life!
    Life must go On what ever happen!
    go strike some buddy and feel good everyday

drumlegend
    Participant
    August 6, 2015 at 1:06 am #83639

I agree with most of these posts. You should go on a date somewhere private.

JeffS
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 3:37 am #83798
    Reply To: Hate dating, and getting an introverted man to ask me out, from dating site!

If you want to date him, just ask him out and realize you may have to do all the work around that.

ladeeda
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 12:19 am #83924
    Reply To: Hate dating, and getting an introverted man to ask me out, from dating site!

I think that going out for coffee is the best thing for introverts. Introverts are usually very sensitive to crowds/noise, so a quiet coffee shop is nice because it’s an easy place to talk/get to know each other. Bookstores, strolling a beach, or even a dim/quiet lounge for a glass of wine can be fun for an introvert. It’s a great sign that he’s asking you about your interests. Anyway, I hope my advice helps. Good luck 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by  ladeeda.