Have I been busted?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Have I been busted?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 12:22 pm #121384
    Have I been busted?

So I’ve been becoming friendly with a woman in her 30s who speaks english as a second language. There are some complications which make “just ask her out” not as simple as it sounds. Because of that I’ve been trying to play it cool, plus I enjoy spending time with her so much that I’d like to salvage a friendship if things don’t work out.

Anyway, she picked me up for dinner tonight and she got lost so I joked “I don’t think you wanted to take me to dinner, you’re just trying to kidnap me right?” And she said “You’d like that I bet….I know you.” The way she said the second part made me think she meant I know how you feel about me. I haven’t expressed to her about being particularly adventurous so I don’t think there’s any other way to take it..right?

I’ve sent mixed signals here and there because I don’t want to risk myself too much but I got a sense she saw through me there.

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 4:44 pm #121393

Maybe she felt that you like her, but I wouldn’t look too deep into that. I think it’s just a joke. But it’s really easy to see if a person likes you, so she probably knows that you like her, unless you hide it really well

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 8:12 am #121424

Thanks. After a night to evaluate things I think I’ve been friendzoned (again :D) She paid for us (didn’t think too much of that because dinner was her idea) then at the end of things she offered me a handshake which I ignored and went for the hug which she seemed receptive to but the handshake was a pretty bad signal…. I think she’s one of those women who enjoy my company and like the light flirting, but doesn’t want things to go too far. Seemed receptive to touch but didn’t touch back much. Oh well….