Have I been friendzoned?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Have I been friendzoned?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:01 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DatingTakeTwo
    DatingTakeTwo
    Participant
    May 23, 2017 at 3:31 pm #137412
    Have I been friendzoned?

About 2.5 years ago, I met a guy at work. My initial intentions were not to get involved and I saw him only as a crush. We created a friendship and hung out regularly. Throughout the course of our friendship, my feelings for him grew and I felt he possibly had feelings for me too. There have been many mixed signals and I’ve gone back and forth on whether he sees me than just a friend. I know the best thing to do would be to just ask him, but it’s been so difficult to even do that because I feel like at this point I am in the friendzone.
    We had a conversation about “dating” and we had similar views on it. I felt like we had this conversation with an underlying message of a mutual attraction. Right now I feel like I’ve waited to long to say or do anything and I’m afraid he’s moved on and sees me only as a friend. I have tried texting him and he doesn’t text back like before and I have invited him to do things but he declines. I want to tell him how I feel, but I’m afraid I’m too late.

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 24, 2017 at 7:54 am #137448

NO, you should not feel frightened. The situation is you treated him only as a friend, I think you and him wanted more out of it than just being friends.It sounds like he might have moved on and maybe just has a girlfriend now. I just don’t know why he won’t text you back. The only thing I can think of if he does have a girlfriend she might get jealous if he does text but he should still let you know. Nowadays the women are aggressive if they want to go out with a guy they usually will let the guy know they will even kiss the guy on the first date. I don’t want to tell you this but I think you are too late. the next time you like a guy let him know. Don’t let him slip away

mikeUSA
    Participant
    May 24, 2017 at 1:25 pm #137499

Hmm you cN always try

bella
    bella
    Participant
    May 25, 2017 at 9:21 am #137439

You might be friendzoned, but there’s a way to get out. Or at least find out for certain what his intentions are. 1st- take a breath and get brave. Now, you might have been being too “nice”. Men want you to be a sweet person, but they also want a little bit of sexual attention. Show him you have more sides to your personality than just nice. Show him you can be a little saucy. Start talking in sexier language. Instead of saying, “you look great today”, say “you look hot (or sexy) today”. This will start to make him see you in a more sensual manner. Tease him. Flirt. Don’t be shy about it, and don’t be too nice about it. Don’t be an asshole, either. Give him enough of a clear indication that it is okay for him to hit on you. (And there’s a whole entire method to this. hahaha) And if he doesn’t respond in a compatible, sexual manner, you know he’s not interested. And while that may suck, at least you’ll know and can focus your attention on other men.

Sarina
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 7:01 pm #137768

You should date other men in the meantime

LizzyB
    Participant
    May 28, 2017 at 7:11 pm #137798

The best advice someone has given me on relationships is to stop trying to figure out what’s on other people’s minds. Maybe this guy likes you back. Maybe he doesn’t. But (besides asking him) there’s nothing we can do to find out. So, the only thing we can do is guess his thoughts based on his actions. He’s not texting back, he hasn’t asked you out yet (like in a date), so it seems he’s not interested in a relationship right now 🙁
    So, you should meet new people, and who knows? Maybe in a while this guy will dare to ask you out or maybe you’ll meet someone else.