Have I completely messed things up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

patriot12345
    Participant
    April 13, 2017 at 1:45 pm #133162

So I’ve been dating the girl of my dreams for the past 2 years! About 3 months ago I started to not feel myself and slipped into depression for various reasons but nothing to do with her.. I was closed off & pushed her away. In that time I done some things that made her feel like she wasn’t a priority in my life (not been unfaithful or anything). It came to a head 2 weeks ago when I told her I didn’t know how I felt and we mutually broke up. Immediately I question what I said and it actually made me realise I was depressed. Since then I’ve made changes to show her she is a priority. I also realised I’d made a massive mistake. It kind of feels like I’ve been living through someone so eyes for the past 3 months, it just wasn’t me. I’ve tried to get her back but she says she thinks we are just good friends. However she knows how I feels but she still wants to stay in contact and see each other. I know I hurt her a lot but do you guys see a future for us? Do you think she just needs time?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 13, 2017 at 2:14 pm #133167

if she’s been real adamant that she’s not into this anymore – she’s probably gone.
    if she’s just reacting and not sure what to do and confused – there is still hope.
    keep talking and see if she asks about you, what you were going thru, and if she is even wanting to know what happened within you during that time.

if she is – good sign and lots of hope
    if not.. not a good sign – she’s moved on.

djm
    Participant
    April 13, 2017 at 5:51 pm #133242

Time heals all, if not for a relationship, then at least a chance for forgiveness

GazDuff
    Participant
    April 14, 2017 at 10:21 am #133259

Time is a great healer, you start thinking clearly!

patriot12345
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 7:28 am #133361

Thanks for your comments

She has asked into what I’ve been through. The problem is she’s doing a degree while working and the next month or so is her final coursework hand ins and she’s extremely stressed. She’s also a pretty emotional person so I know she’s struggling with stress at the moment, also her grandma has been in and out of hospital and work isn’t good either.(great timing by me for all of this) She said she has been pretty confused and she needed to know where we are at the moment so she can sort her head out. She’s also told a mutual friend she’s pretty confused with things and so much on and at the moment it’s easier to be good friends at the moment. She also said she still things highly of me and stay in contact / see me. I kind of get the impression she’s trying to put me to one side while she has so much going on!