Have I missed my chance

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Have I missed my chance

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    December 28, 2014 at 2:08 pm #69672
    Have I missed my chance

I was wondering if anyone here would please give me some advice? The
    scenario is as follows. There’s a girl who comes into my work several times a
    week. Each time she visits we talk and carry on a lengthy conversation. It’s
    gotten to the point were we address each other by first name and she’s even
    asked for my Facebook info. For months I’ve been telling myself that I’m going
    to ask her out but I always chicken out. The other day she came in and there was a
    guy with her. He recognized me and she said I had I didn’t realize you too knew each other. I tried to slyly find out if they were dating. I stupidly asked if
    he was her brother since it is around the Holiday season. She replied “Nah we actually went to high school together” This neither confirmed nor denied they were dating. She did continue to converse as usual but she paid for both their meals. I guess my question is do you think
    I’ve missed my opportunity or should I with a doubt ask her out the next time?

alinicole
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 6:07 pm #69676

I don’t believe that she would go through the effort to get to know you if she wasn’t into you. You said that you were friends on Facebook, does her account suggest that she may be seeing someone?
    I think that you should still go for it. You really have nothing to loose besides a fantasy but you have everything to gain. Take a chance! Good luck!

Anonymous
    December 28, 2014 at 7:35 pm #69684

Thank you for your reply. I have tried looking at Facebook for possible clues. Her page says no relationship info to show.. Maybe that’s a good thing. I’m going to go ahead and take my chances though. Any advice for getting the conversation started and headed in that direction?

mikebernsten
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 5:33 am #69699

I would open with a little joke or something witty that pertains to something you two have spoken of or to her or you or something like that.
    Once the conversation is open you can ensure you are close to her and use little touches to see how she reacts.
    This whole time watch how you use your body language and pay attention to hers.
    Does she play with her hair or lick her lips or things of that nature? Those are good signs.
    Make a joke and touch her elbow for a second or two then pull away slowly.
    stay close and keep-up the conversation. If she is reacting closely and gives no signs of discomfort or pulling away then keep flirting.
    I suggested using something that pertains to you two or to one of you because it may trigger an emotional connection between you.
    To cut this short, if she seems interested then go for it. I suggested the joking and touching to set the mood, if it can.
    If she says no, take it gracefully and take it from there.

dsprimal
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 11:36 pm #69714

if you wait too long then things will go cold! I would ask her out ASAP.

friedsnake
    Participant
    December 30, 2014 at 7:30 am #69719

good luck

Anonymous
    December 30, 2014 at 9:27 am #69716

Thank you @alinicole @dsprimal and @mikebernsten for your replies. Bringing up a former conversation topic is a good idea. I’ll definitely try that. I plan on asking her out the next time I see her. My concern is what if she’s with another companion male or female. Some people have said I should have asked her out that day even though he was with her. I honestly don’t know the nature of their relationship. She only replied “We actually went to high school together.” That didn’t leave me much to go on. Either way I guess I’m preparing to take the big risk and throwing myself out there. I definitely don’t want things to get cold and I really hope I haven’t missed my chance.