Have I ruined my chance with her

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

datingnewbie
    Participant
    December 24, 2016 at 8:01 pm #121018

So I met this girl 4 months ago,we really connected,within the first week I took her out on our first date, she was was really interested with me in the first two months but thing is things started to fade away in the last two months. I kinda know I did so many things wrong. Firstly I let our relationship be virtual but due to circumstances I couldn’t take her out again after the first date, but I did see her about 4 times in the past four months. We had a lot of communication on fb(12000 messages there), not counting countless hours of videchat on skype, fb n messages on watsapp. So I got to know her really well-we have so much in common its uncanny-we share similar goals, our conversations weren’t just surface level stuff, it was deep like what we look for in a partner, our views on marriage so on. She told me she liked me from the beginning and she knows how I feel but thing is I’m way too emotional sometimes even more than her n things were different in the beggining compared tonow

datingnewbie
    Participant
    December 24, 2016 at 8:51 pm #121019

What I mean by it is different is that she used to send emojis with hearts and the kissing face n tell me she’s sending kisses to me, she dreamt about me things like that. Now she seems indifferent I don’t get emojis anymore and she seems less enthusiastic. Now the second mistake I made was being too open to her, I let her know how I felt about her which is wrong. I mean by the second week I told her I like her n she reciprocated and she said she felt the same but she said she didn’t know how things would work out with us plus she still has baggage from her past that she’s still carrying around. Fast forward 3 months later n same story just she went more in depth about her baggage n said she’s working on herself but she likes me still. So I sent her a message the other day and she got offended and told me we were friends and that I shouldn’t send things like that. Obviously I’m confused because its okay if she does things like that but not me. So I know she needs space

pmag
    Participant
    December 25, 2016 at 2:24 am #121027

Chill out and wait. Once your interest wanes the truth will show.

dmpsampath
    Participant
    December 25, 2016 at 2:52 am #121029

Wait and watch. Give her time

maxsoccercont
    Participant
    December 26, 2016 at 5:45 am #121057

Just relax, do your own thing and wait for her. Some people are over thinkers and become indecisive.

NotSingleAnymore
    Participant
    December 26, 2016 at 11:10 am #121073

Relaxxx…….Patience is the key

datingnewbie
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:29 am #121020

and that I should tone down the amount of conversations I have with her and let her figure things out. But I’m really open with this girl and I love having her in my life and yes I know she likes me but her actions these days don’t feel as though she does. So I know everyone has told me to move on n not pine over her n I know its for the best but I really do see her true worth and want to give it time. But I feel as though she couldn’t care less despite saying she does but bear in mind all that she’s doing is not messaging me or talking to me much these days. I know she has her own life but I think I may have screwed it up by opening up so much to her that I turned her off. So did I screw up badly bear in mind I wrote an essay about my feelings twice, the first essay was in response to an essay she wrote to me but the second one was all me where I put my raw feelings on the line n I’m still in the friend category. Not only that I know she needs space because of her past but somehow

datingnewbie
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:29 am #121022

because of her past but I feel as though I’ve messed up. Its just I can see the difference at least in communication and the way she’s moving these days. I feel like though she says she likes me its her way of being nice to not hurt me. It sucks because I love her to be honest but hey if she doesn’t feel the same what can I do. Do you guys think I’ve messed up badly or do I have a chance

AcesDJD
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:32 am #121054

Start talking to other women casually. As far as the baggage stuff I’d tell her simply “I’m not your ex”. Beyond that, start moving on from her. Everytime a woman started giving me a line of excuses, the relationship never came to be.

datingnewbie
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:33 am #121075

thanks so much for the advice everyone, I guess I’m at a different stage than she is n thing is I’ll wait, it sucks because it seems like she’s not interested in me anymore when truth is she’s probably just working on herself-I just don’t know how to behave cuz I really just wanna ask her to spend time with me now that I have the time but I don’t wanna be forceful n I don’t wanna message her alot cuz I don’t wanna seem like I’m pushing for a relationship. I just want things to develop organically but I have deep feelings for her,which sucks cuz I still get butterflies when I check fb n I am dissappointed to see she hasn’t messaged-so I’m occupying my time, trying to move forward but part of me will feel devastated if I screwed it up. But I know she has her life and I have mine’s, she isn’t the center of my universe-I have other things to do to occupy my time but I won’t lie having her in my life truly makes me feel happy, I think I love her-sucks to be me-she’s the first n last thng

datingnewbie
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 9:37 am #121076

thanks so much for the advice everyone, I guess I’m at a different stage than she is n thing is I’ll wait, it sucks because it seems like she’s not interested in me anymore when truth is she’s probably just working on herself-I just don’t know how to behave cuz I really just wanna ask her to spend time with me now that I have the time but I don’t wanna be forceful n I don’t wanna message her alot cuz I don’t wanna seem like I’m pushing for a relationship. I just want things to develop organically but I have deep feelings for her,which sucks cuz I still get butterflies when I check fb n I am dissappointed to see she hasn’t messaged-so I’m occupying my time, trying to move forward but part of me will feel devastated if I screwed it up. But I know she has her life and I have mine’s, she isn’t the center of my universe-I have other things to do to occupy my time but I won’t lie having her in my life truly makes me feel happy, I think I love her-sucks to be me

Tara_Barz
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 2:39 pm #121161
    Reply To: Have I ruined my chance with her

Patience!. I believe she does like you but is just working on herself. She will tell you.