Have not date in a very long time dont know what to make of things.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:53 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lmw1971
    Participant
    February 28, 2014 at 10:50 am #48577

I met this wonderful 43 yr old man on line I am 42 we talked on line everyday, he pursued me. We chatted for about a month then exchanged phone #’s and about a week after that we decided to meet in person in a very public place we dated like that for also about a week we get along great we make each other laugh, we cook together we just have a great time. We slept together about 3 days ago he called me his girl ( Whatever that means Please explain). And when every he text or calls me I am referred to as babe or baby or sweetie. He doesn’t always have the chance to call everyday but he text me every morning and every night. when we get the chance to talk on the phone it is for hours at a time. I am just making sure I have not crossed any signals. Does he now think we are a couple? It kind of sounds like it to me. also he took down his dating profile. As did I

phlguy1088
    Participant
    February 28, 2014 at 11:29 am #48578

I would agree, but only partially. He likely sees the two of you as being at the stage in your relationship where you could become a couple, but I would not jump to the conclusion that he sees you as an ‘actual’ couple just yet. I would maintain that officially ‘becoming a couple’ entails a making a commitment to one another. While not everyone does this, I personally believe it is necessary to have clear verbal communication on this commitment. Otherwise, the relationship is never clearly defined and, consequently, is built on a weak foundation that may be compromised later on.

My suggestion would be to sit down with him and make sure you’re on the same page. In fact, I’d advocate that you keep communication of that nature open over the course of your relationship. This will give you opportunities to work out issues before they cause drama.

pandabear87
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:07 pm #48655

It sounds like he is really interested in you if he took down his dating profile. But be careful not to assume too much. Just take it day by day and I will become obviously if you are a couple for sure. But the outlook seems good! 🙂

pbx39
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:12 pm #49044

First of all cheers 🙂 It sounds like you having good time. I’m in similar situation and my advice is enjoy what you have. Live in the moment, let it grow. Don’t ruin good thing by trying to label it or by plans for future. It’s a most common reason for break ups. Men don’t like labels, they grow into relationship. Be smart and good luck 🙂