Having doubts and need advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

emma93
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 6:28 pm #83987

We have been together 1.5 years. I love my boyfriend, we have many similar interests and he treats me wonderfully but I’m not sure if he is “the one”. He is so sweet and considerate but at the same time there are some things that bother me. I’m not proud of it but I don’t find him physically attractive and that has made things difficult. He has a very high libido and I simply don’t have any desire to get intimate with him anymore. It stresses me out every time we spend time together because I know it’s on his mind and I feel pressure to put out, so to speak. I don’t really feel anything kissing him anymore. He is constantly saying things about how he is going to marry me. He also asks “we are going to be together forever, right?” and it makes me feel a little trapped. He is also a bit socially awkward and has a corny sense of humor that gets on my nerves. Things are good and he is my best friend but I can’t see marrying him. He deserves someone who accepts all of him. What should I do?

mockingJD
    Participant
    August 16, 2015 at 8:33 am #84164

Sounds like you know you want to leave him but it’s hard because you care about him so much and you might be afraid to lose a great friend. But if you’re feeling pressure to be intimate, you have to walk away sooner than later. Every minute you stay with him while you know you’re not going to give him what he wants (and deserves, right?), i.e. that forever relationship, you’re being cruel. It’s hard and it sucks, but rip the band-aid off and end it.

Avey Wilde
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 11:26 am #84211

Even though you two have been together for more than a year, if you are not content with the relationship, confront him directly about your dissatisfaction and conclude your relationship, preferably in a place in which you would feel safe and there would be family members, friends or witnesses available in the scenario that he would not respond well. If he cares for you, he would accept your decision to leave and wish you the best for the future. If he does not accept your decision, flee the scene immediately.
    If you do not wish to become intimate with this individual, by remaining in this relationship, you are only harming yourself and your boyfriend. If your relationship is a source of stress for you rather than a source of joy, pleasure or comfort, you need to conclude it NOW before anyone is truly harmed. You need to conclude your relationship soon, since it cannot continue as is has been occurring. If it does continue, you may commit to someone whom you don’t love for eternity.

jadefox
    jadefox
    Participant
    August 18, 2015 at 12:39 pm #84329

I feel you.. It’s really hard to tell about your true feelings with him because you are afraid to get him hurt when say you don’t like him anymore. But my advice is so simple. You’ve been together for 1.5 years but now you have no feelings with him anymore. So, the best thing you can do is to stop it now.. Don’t keep it for too long cause your making it worst. The longer it you stayed with him, the longer you hurt his feelings when he finds out you have no feelings with him anymore. I think, you really don’t love him because as the saying goes, “Love is Blind”. 🙂