DATING ADVICE FORUM

He all of sudden stopped talking to me?

Author
    Comments

• lauren3990
    Participant
    November 10, 2016 at 4:14 pm #117072
    He all of sudden stopped talking to me?

So I’ve been dating this guy for about 3.5 months now. Everything has been going really well. I stayed the night at his house Friday and it was wonderful as always. Saturday we did our own things.. and he was texting me most of the night checking in. The last thing he sent was “I miss you baby” late that night. I sent him a response back the next morning saying “sorry I was already asleep, hope you had a good night”. I haven’t heard from him since. I know it’s only been a couple of days but we’ve been seeing each other about 4 or 5 days a week for the last few months at his request. He texts me every morning “good morning beautiful” for the last few months. So I know something’s up. I’ve reached out a few times with no response. So last night I finally sent him a message asking him what’s going on, and said “at least let me know something so I’m not sitting here wondering what happened”.. it’s a mutual friends birthday this weekend so I know I’m going to see him. what do I do?

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    November 10, 2016 at 8:28 pm #117100

I know it’s super easy to do, but I think you’re worrying too much. It definitely sounds like he likes you a lot. Who knows what’s he’s thinking. Maybe he’s having problems with his phone. Maybe he’s been given some bad advice to randomly act distant in the hopes of making you panic (for some reason this is seen as a good idea to some.) You’re gonna see him at the party, so definitely talk to him there, but avoid being confrontational. This is really your only option (unless you have his email or something, or you could put him on the spot and call him, again, as un-confrontationaly as possible. E-mailing him, or messaging him on Facebook, or whatever, only solves it if it truly is a problem with his phone, and you run the risk of looking needy, so proceed with caution if this is what you choose.) The best thing is to try and not think about it until you see him in person, which I know is hard.
    You could also ask your mutual friend if he’s said anything.

109ball02
    Participant
    November 11, 2016 at 10:43 am #117113

Its him that initiates contact most of the time. Its him that says good morning and good night first. If you dont start initiating more 50/50 or something more along those lines, he will probably think you are loosing interest. If you ignore texts and let hours go by or not at all, he will think the same. He will start to. What else does he have to go by other than “she doesnt care enough to talk to me.” cause thats the message he is getting. Now, maybe you have your reasons, but maybe let him know. I think in most guys eyes, they know girls are attached to their phone. Constantly checking status updates, fb and social media, these days thats most people. So if he isnt getting a response to a message that takes 5 or 10 seconds to send, he assumes you are ignoring. If he is always the one to initiate contact, and when he does, there is no conversation or showing interest by asking questions or whatever, he will think you are loosing interest. If all that is wrong, show him

109ball02
    Participant
    November 11, 2016 at 10:47 am #117114

Honestly it sounds like hes backing off cause it seems like that is what you are doing. So as a result he is loosing a bit of interest like “why keep on when she doesnt seem to care”

As for not responding after you said you were out with a drink with friends, you know what that might mean. 1, either he thinks maybe based on your actions toward him you are seeing someone else. Or 2, you are not including him and hes like Why, Im her bf or whatever. Maybe the problem is these days, girls have a bad habit of jumping from one guy to the next like its no big deal, and believe me guys see that, even the dumb ones

yasmin18
    Participant
    November 11, 2016 at 12:34 pm #117117

That happened to me before,but I was in high school so it’s pretty different.
    Maybe he is a player,a fuckboy and that’s it (I’m sorry)
    Unless something happened and he had the need to stop talking to you because of something extremely important and serious.

LovelyBones
    LovelyBones
    Participant
    November 14, 2016 at 2:32 pm #117227

I think it’s crappy when a guy ignores texts for a day or more unless they had some kind of emergency. If I were you, I’d give him space as you already followed up wth him. If he doesn’t answer soon then you know for whatever reason he’s peaced out and if you hear from him with an apology and explanation, then you can pick things up again.

sag45
    Participant
    November 17, 2016 at 8:52 pm #117774

I’m seeing this too late as I’m sure you already went to your mutual friends birthday … but sounds like he’s either loosing interest or maybe even a little scared of getting too close ?

Meg
    Participant
    November 18, 2016 at 12:00 pm #117828

hmm… that’s sad… I mean, unless someone died- if he would like you, he would not dissappear like that. At this point, it’s really important not start feeling desperate. So, check up on him in a super nice non-needy way and if you don’t hear from him…well, fake it until you make it- act like nothing happned. If you meet him- treat him like a friend, someone who does not influence your life that much. Be nice, friiendly, funny but don’t agree to meet him, and dont offer it yourself! If he asks, say that you cant do it now cos youre busy or something.. He’s gonna feel that you’re not as easy as before so he’ll either explain what happened OR will leave you alone for good!

mishymash
    Participant
    November 18, 2016 at 2:12 pm #117847

Its amazing how people just stop and give no explanation.. like it never mattered!!

louis123
    louis123
    Participant
    November 20, 2016 at 7:25 pm #117970
    Reply To: He all of sudden stopped talking to me?

I think he is just trying to test you… Or he is angry about something. But I do think he like you a lot! Don’t let it get to you and ask him straight forward why he didn’t respond !

happy
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 7:25 am #117990
    Reply To: He all of sudden stopped talking to me?

😢