He asked for my number, never texted

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ggpb
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 12:39 am #76263

This guy came to me at a party a few days ago, asked me for my name, bought me a couple of drinks, we danced and talked. He looked for me several times, considering I would go back to my friends he would wait on me. I can tell he wasnt drunk or anything. And he talked to me more than what I would talk to him. He asked me for my number and I put it in his phone, but didnt ask for his. Half an hour later he called my phone and told me to add him, so I did. He told me about going to a different club after that party, but I said I couldnt. Basically, I was into him but trying to play it cool, because he is not even from my own city, but he said he comes here pretty often. The party started to get slow, so I said I was leaving with my friends, he said goodbye all sexily and told me “I’ll text you today” we walked a little more, and again he said goodbye, and again said he would text me. He didnt. He hasnt for days. So I dont get it. I dont know what I should do.

alanna666
    Participant
    March 30, 2015 at 5:10 pm #76303

It sounds like he was only interested in taking you to the after party. If not that he probably just doesn’t want to come off as clingy and is giving you some space. I would recommend you asking him to do something sense you told him you couldn’t the first time

sahm15
    Participant
    April 1, 2015 at 8:32 am #76425

it sounds like he DID text you, to invite you to the second party… either you need to give it more time or he was hoping for a quick hook up just that night. if the 2nd is true, be glad he isn’t texting. if first true, go ahead, text him and ask him if he wants to go to the next party you are going to (or a dance club you can pretend you were already headed for) it would definitely be okay for you to text him with a “hey, what you up to?” but do not feel bad about yourself if what he wanted was for one night only… better off without that imho