He asked 'what I want from him'. Do I ask why he asks or apologize for the past?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He asked 'what I want from him'. Do I ask why he asks or apologize for the past?

Author
    Comments

• Anika
    Participant
    November 2, 2016 at 5:51 pm #116190

We met 3 years ago. Hung out 3 months. He told me he had been interested in me for over a year. Up to this point in my life I had no intention of dating thought I would lose my autonomy become weak. I really liked him so I tried, but I was increasingly uncomfortable. The more i liked him the more i’d distance myself. Eventually I stopped talking to him. No explanation. He later told me he was hurt. Now it is 3 years later we are on friendly terms for 6 months.

I asked him out few months ago in hopes I could apologize, see if he wants to start over, or I should MOVE ON. He was not ready, yet claimed interest. 1 month later, He asked me out, it was last minute so, No.

Weeks later,to ensure he knew I was interested, I asked him out. He angrily asked what i ‘want’ from him. Which was confusing. Technically I ‘want’ to Talk. Know what he means. Why he is asking. What he wants. Notice if / when he wants to hang out

– Do I answer literally? OR just Apologize for past?

sorrytail
    Participant
    November 2, 2016 at 7:58 pm #116198

he might think your messing him around so tell him literally what you want from him and be honest about your feelings for him.

Anika
    Participant
    November 3, 2016 at 9:52 am #116192

I should add, this is a strictly in person acquaintance. Anything we say do have said has been in person. this is not online and i don’t text. Just thought i should add that because a lot of questions are catered to people communicating via online. I prefer in person interactions, minimizes miscommunication of which i already have enough.

I like him a lot but i am not interested or willing to play games. I do not know if he is simply confused or trying to control things because he feels he was treated unfairly-understandably but i’m trying to fix things and earn his trust. No one is forcing him to spend time with me. Or perhaps he thinks i should not be asking him out because i’m a Woman.

I do not have ANY experience with liking someone or trying to fix things.. I do not want to jump to conclusions but i’m missing information, so i’m waiting to respond until i’ve had some input.

This my first time posting. Ill get the hang of it.

Thank you.

Anika
    Participant
    November 3, 2016 at 9:52 am #116199

Thank you for answering.

109ball02
    Participant
    November 4, 2016 at 11:24 am #116358

Why are you wasting time energy and emotion on this guy? Hes checked out. Hes done. Its done between the two of you. Honestly, he might have a bit of ‘feeling’ left. Who wouldn’t after being with someone. There had to be some ‘good times’ there. But remember why you broke up. Then think, are reminicing feelings of good times strong enough to build a relationship on from ground up, after breaking up with that same person. No. They are just tiny good memorys he is experiencing, thats why he is confused, and you as well. Its not enough to start over by. So stop tormenting yourself and let him go. Whatever you broke up about, stop trying to convince yourself that after 3 some years, somehow its going to be different. If it could have been different, it would have been 3 days after breaking up and you whould have gotten back together.. not 3 years.