He called me "Babe"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He called me "Babe"

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:20 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AlexxA
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 3:31 pm #143020
    He called me "Babe"

He called me “babe”

So have been out with this guy three times, and texting a lot in between. A fourth time we had a sleepover of sorts. No sex, since I don’t engage in that until I feel like I am secure and in a relationship, so we just fell asleep next to each other. He isn’t pushy, nor tries to initiate anything besides some kissing with me.

I told him I am not just going to be some cuddle buddy, and he immediately said, “That’s definitely not all that I want you to be.”

He’s nice, respectful, funny, not my typical type of guy, but we have a great time together.

I know I am overthinking things. This morning I texted “Hope you have a good day.”

He responded “Thanks babe”

No one has ever called me that before. I didn’t think it warranted a response, so I didn’t respond. But I don’t know what to think of it at all. Now I am second guessing if I should have responded, because maybe he threw it out to gauge my interest, though I think I’ve been plenty interested. I’m 25, he’s 24

Em100
    Participant
    July 24, 2017 at 6:26 pm #143034

Personally, I think he’s definitely into you! He also thinks that you’re into him….you definitely did not have to respond to that text, because that would have seemed desperate since you were the one that texted “hope you have a good day.” Take it as a compliment that he called you babe!

chrisprat
    Participant
    July 25, 2017 at 5:03 am #143047

Babe is usually reserved for someone you like, so there is no doubt he is into you

AlexxA
    Participant
    July 25, 2017 at 8:54 am #143054

Definitely validated what I thought. He also calls me “darling”. Last night he asked if I preferred one of the names. I like him too. He was not someone I would have ever considered, but ts comfortable and going slow, which is what I need after my past with terrible men. He likes to drink some, and I am less of a drinker, but enjoy it too. I will sometimes tease him about being at the bar etc… He will always say “That’s okay right? Its going to work?” He is asking me if I am okay with his drinking habits. Its so nice he even asks.

We text everyday. But now I feel like we don’t have anything to text about. I haven’t been doing anything that interesting, but working lately. We used to have witty banter and flirtation back and forth, but now its dull. “How is your day?” is our new norm daily, multiple times. We will sometimes send kissy faces, and last night he was saying he wished I was there with him. I’m nervous too, because I like him which is making me nervous about what I say.

AlexxA
    Participant
    July 25, 2017 at 9:00 am #143055

And then there is the issue that we have only been on three dates, and one innocent sleepover in a two week period. Are we moving too fast. Getting too serious. “Darling” and ‘babe” after two weeks and four dates. Is it too much, too soon?

I am afraid of someone just trying to rush and get into my pants. Its scary. He does not remind me he is trying or will do that, but you never know. I mean when we are together, he innocently rubs my knee. We don’t kiss very much, just a little. And even when he slept in bed with me, it was so innocent and he barely touched me. I’ve had guys try way more with me in that situation, and he didn’t. He told me he’s a good respectful guy.

lanzzz
    Participant
    July 26, 2017 at 9:50 am #143232

I completely understand where you’re coming from and I’ve been in these situations before but in my case, the guy did not have good intentions like your man does. In my past experience it has usually been from sleezy guys who just like to flirt with every girl, calling her nice names to reel her in. In your case I do feel he is being genuine but at the same time you should take things slow and continue with caution just incase he doesn’t turn out to be who/what he says he is.

urie090
    Participant
    August 13, 2017 at 1:49 am #145245

Thanks for the sharing. I am so excited about that.

sheamarie
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 11:20 pm #145488

I definitely think he really likes you

moni167
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 12:26 am #145492

Yeppp and guy willing to stick around for three dates without sex is a keeper and definitely into you.