He cancelled via text

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He cancelled via text

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

j9550550
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 3:09 am #143585
    He cancelled via text

So had plans to meet up, for a week. Then a few hours before meeting he cancels, via text. Really lame excuse. Clearly it is not me, feel he is going thru something. Seen him around for over a year now. Anyway, I let him know I thought he was being dishonest. Still for some reason bothering me. Otherwise I would not be on some forum in the middle of the night asking your thoughts.

yodeman18
    Participant
    July 30, 2017 at 10:05 am #143596

Sorry but this is really vague. You’ve been dating him for over a year? What was his excuse? Did he respond when you called him dishonest? A little more info would help.

j9550550
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 8:18 am #143632

You are correct. No works at a store by my home. Run into him from time to time. Had a bf at the time yet we said at one point we would meet for drinks. Broke it off with the bf and after a few months went in and made plans to go have a drink. Had plans for 10 days. Talked a bit over text during the week. Then that day a lame text that something came up and would explain another time. Did not make alternate plans. Being that it was last minute, felt a call would have been better. And I really felt he was lying. He did not reply when I said I did not believe him. Because maybe I was right, pretty sure I am. It pissed me off as I went and got my nails done, and cleaned my apartment. Missed something else I was going to go to for him. It was too late for me to go to the other event.

yodeman18
    Participant
    July 31, 2017 at 12:07 pm #143691

I would drop the whole thing for now. No one likes being called dishonest, and whether he was lying or not, it probably didn’t sit well with him that you said you didn’t believe him. If you were to go out; you would have this confrontation hanging over the whole date. Sure you may have great qualities, but he’ll probably have this first impression of you getting pissed and calling him a liar lingering in the back of his mind. That’s probably not going to be a great start to a relationship. If I were you, I would apologize, in person if possible, and tell him that you were out of line for calling him dishonest. Then I wouldn’t contact him anymore unless you see him in passing. It stinks, but yeah I would put the ball in his court, let him think about things, and give him the power to set something up with you if he wants to.

j9550550
    Participant
    August 1, 2017 at 10:57 am #143758

Thank you for this. I had to say something as the texts were so overboard I would be stupid to believe it. I did not call him a liar, I said that I did not believe him. He was not honest and waited to the last minute. You are right, I will see if I have the balls to go and apologize as I will not write that in a text.

j9550550
    Participant
    August 1, 2017 at 10:58 am #143759

Thanks for this. Well I have to say I truly did not believe him. I will see if I have the balls to go and say what you suggested in person. If not if I see him in passing will just say hi and keep walking. I do not want to text anything. Will keep you updated and thanks again.