He cheated on me– what do I do now?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

8679_me
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 5:10 pm #67390

My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 years. We are now in college together.
    We did the whole “I love you forever, I’ll never break your heart, I want to marry you” kind of thing.
    yesterday, I found out he has been texting this high school girl for the past three weeks. He’s been asking for nudes (and getting them) and commenting on how great her body looks and how he can’t wait to see her naked in person. They set a date to meet up next week.
    I found this out and immediately broke up with him.
    All I want to do is A.) punch him in the face and give out his number online for all of you guys and the Internet to send wrath to him or B.) forgive him and go back to him. Because I still love him even though I don’t want to.

I hate him.
    I love him.

What do I do?
    any advice or comments would be great.

certifiedgirlgeek
    certifiedgirlgeek
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 5:58 pm #67392

Read your post and pretend you are reading someone else’s post. What would you tell them to do?
    I think you did the right thing. Now, you need to continue to the right thing and give yourself time to grieve and heal… Away from him. Give yourself at least 30 days, even if he is begging you for a second chance, tell him that if he really wants you back he will give you that time. Cry, eats lots of ice cream and cookie dough, but promise yourself that is only a temporary bandaid. Then get out. Hang out with friends, excercise and focus on you.
    My mother constantly cheated on my father, and he always forgave her. Never brought it up and tried to always move forward because he truly loved her. Can you do that? Forgive him and move forward and remembering that, despite his cheating and quite despicable actions, you will move forward?
    Sounds like you’re young, there is so much life yet to live!
    Good luck!