He confused the day of our first date.  Should I go out with him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He confused the day of our first date. Should I go out with him?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 6:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ladeeda
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 12:31 am #83927
    He confused the day of our first date. Should I go out with him?

I made a date w/a guy for Friday. We made the date on the phone on August 5th. Yesterday, he texted that he couldn’t wait to see me on Thursday nt smh. I texted him at 7 PM yesterday to tell him it was for Friday, but didn’t get a text back till 9:20 this morning…Already off to a bad start. Anyway, his text said, “Friday sounds great. My memory is terrible for tentative plans but once we decide on something I will remember it. I know we talked about where to meet up too and I think we decided on Santa Monica right?” Kind of lame. I texted, “Haha. So, are you confusing all of your dates? Jon, you manwhore!!:p We said Santa Monica.”He wrote back, “It’s a miracle I remember to breathe most of the time. So Santa Monica at 7:30 on Friday night. Let’s meet at (address…) How does that sound?” I think people should be on their best behavior at all times in dating, but especially in the beginning. This just seems like a bad sign. What do you think? Any advice helps. Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  ladeeda.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  ladeeda. Reason: I am unable to see all of the text on the screen. It's not all fitting in the text box

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 4:50 am #83939

Yes, a bad sign. This man blew you off and is now trying to play it off. If you want to see if he will actually meet you this time go ahead. I honestly, like to see what would happen and probably prepare myself to go but have a backup plan if the person flakes again. At least you will have night out and free dinner and not have to see that man again if he actually follows through with the plans. However, though would not hold much value of this dating prospect after that.

JeffS
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 3:46 pm #83969

Doesn’t sound comforting. If he no-shows that’s 100% unacceptable to say he forgot. You can hope it’s a slip up and not a regular occurrence. But yes, you should always try to be on your best behavior for someone you are trying to date…

ladeeda
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 8:05 pm #83988

He didn’t flake…He just confused the day we’re meeting this week. He thought we made plans for Thursday, but they were for Friday. He still wants to meet on Friday. I agree that ppl should be on their best behavior in the beginning, but I think he got confused because we said we’d confirm Friday on Thursday. Anyway, I’ll hang with him and see how it goes. Thanks 🙂

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 12:46 pm #84106

no, I have met guys who make excuses like that. Trust me that is flaky behavior. It will all add up sooner or later.

lostinthewoods
    lostinthewoods
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 4:20 pm #84112

not sure if it is too late to respond…

to me this could go both ways. The fact that he confirmed ahead of time for a wrong day is a plus. I have dated a dyslexic person before and he would get all his dates mixed up, so I am biased

and then again it could just be a bad sign as the majority of others already said