He confuses me and so does his actions

• Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    March 3, 2018 at 9:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

February 21, 2018 at 7:16 am #166075

There’s a guy at work I like but he has a girlfriend he lives with. We like the same things & get morning coffees together everyday at work.
    At after work drinks he will always sit next to me & occasionally he will brush up against me & he won’t move away. I’ve caught him staring at me sometimes & during the xmas party, he pretty much hung out with me the whole night.
    He barely ever discusses or mentions his girlfriend to me which I find strange but I know he loves her. When he went away for a holiday with his girlfriend he brought me back a souvenir magnet for when I buy a house, but didn’t buy anyone else at work anything. He’s quite protective & will offer me his umbrella or jacket, or when I struggled once to get home I was so drunk, he messaged me every 10 minutes to make sure I got home ok. He will also send me an occasional message just before he goes to bed. I feel like he likes me, but I also know I read too much into things. Keen to get others thoughts on this.

February 21, 2018 at 7:35 am #166076

I believe he truly does care about you, but in regards to whether there is an attraction between you both is hard to say as he is in a relationship. I reckon he enjoys your company, and is appreciative of your friendship hence why he is protective over you, but no more than that. Maybe ask him when he next does something, like brush past you and doesn’t move away, whether that’d be an appropriate thing to do given he has a girlfriend. Make sure to do it in a light hearted, fun way to see how he would react.

February 22, 2018 at 3:20 am #166172

As much as my knee-jerk reaction is to assume that he’s interested in you, it may not be the case. I’m definitely guilty of having friends I feel very close to without wanting to date, and sometimes specifically because I didn’t want to date them. Sometimes it’s hard to be close to people and the fact that you’ve decided you’re not into them can make being closer to them a lot easier because you’ve removed any internal pressure on yourself to perform or be better than you actually are. Bear in mind that is definitely some “your mileage may vary”-type stuff, but hey, maybe.

February 23, 2018 at 9:22 am #166232

Dear Dare7,
    I’m gonna tell you that from years of experience you should go for it. I’m not telling you this to crack you out of the tiny little shell you have crawled yourself up in, but to burst the little protective bubble you have surrounded yourself in. I once had a friend, who had a boyfriend who downright hated her guts. What did I do, nothing? I regret it to this day. So I recommend you do everything you are possibly capable of to break them up. First of all, if you feel that way, he was flirty with at some point. This just tells me that he’s 99.5% guaranteed to be unloyal. You might as well save the girl from drama and break up with him. Then get him guurl. What’s the worst that can happen? He’s a serial killer? AW HAIL NAHHH GUL. Trust me.