He didn't pay for the first date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Nodame
    Participant
    September 22, 2015 at 1:01 pm #85710

So I met this guy online and he asked me out to a restaurant/bar. At the end of the date, he asked me to split the bill. Then I realized he didn’t even leave a tip to the server… Well, fast forward, he walked me back to my car, and attempted to kiss me. I just smiled but presented him my cheek instead.
    I don’t mind paying for myself, but I think if a guy asks me out on a date for the first time with the intention to court me, and try to kiss me later, the least he could do is to pay for the first date.
    I find him attractive, and I would have let him kiss me if he had not been that cheap… What do you guys/girls think? Would you ever go out with him again?

Anonymous
    September 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #85864

Now, it is quite widespread phenomenon as a lot of women are for the personal freedom, equality and respect. I do not think that it is a tragedy.

BigBWolf26
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 12:04 pm #86049

I am a guy here & I usually insist upon dutch dating but I would have established that before we even met. And I only not tipped if its horrible service, like being sat at a table & forgot which is a pet peeve of mine.

I approach dating like mortgage lending. I don’t want to be the only one with money invested, I want you to have some stake in the relationship. Prevents me being used for money like has happened in the past.

But all of this should have been talked about before dinner.

Confounded478
    Confounded478
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 4:49 pm #86067

I always offer to pay my half, but, on a first date, the man should offer to pay, in my opinion.

notsurewhattodo
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 6:54 am #86119

If he’s the one who proposed the date, my feeling is he should have been the one to foot the bill unless you offered to contribute

asprout
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 7:58 am #86121

If you really wanted to you could give him a second chance, but watch what he does the next time. I wouldn’t do it though

idkwhatswhat
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 10:18 pm #86211

Honestly, I think that guy is not worth your time. If he first doesn’t try to show you what a great guy he can be on the first date, what will he be like on the second? And then he also tries to get a kiss out of you? I may be jumping to conclusions, but from what I read I think you could find another guy. Looks aren’t everything.

kathy123
    kathy123
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 5:21 am #86222

Hello

ksunshine
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 6:43 pm #86282
    Reply To: He didn't pay for the first date

I believe that a woman should be courted. If you pay for any part of the first date he has put money before you from the beginning and I’m sure it is the first of many times you will feel second best…..move on to greener pastures.

mmiddy
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 10:32 pm #86287

Dump him

JokesOnMe
    JokesOnMe
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 1:22 am #86291

Depending on the age group, I’ve found your results may vary with who pays on the first date. I’m in my early 20s and of my demographic I think most guys still would pay for themselves and their date. I ALWAYS pay for the first date, and usually most if the activities that happen. However, I don’t think that is the solution as it may come off as me buying the other person off. It can go either way, but it’s not uncommon for the guy to split the bill on the first date nowadays. I just grew up in a traditional household and I don’t see it that way.

In this particular instance, they just sound a bit scummy.

aprilc
    Participant
    October 3, 2015 at 6:47 am #86431

I hate it when a guy asks you out, but blindsides you with can you pay or I don’t have any money. Be truthful that you are on a budget or need to do dutch