He DISAPEARED what does this mean?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

universelife
    universelife
    Participant
    April 17, 2014 at 8:33 pm #51432

My BF and I have been dating for a year, relationship is great we laugh and laugh all the time, chemistry is just ridiculous! He is protective, affectionate, he always makes me happy when i have a bad day, I do the same for him.

OUT OF THE BLUE he starts telling me how stressed out he is and complaining about having serious issues related to work/dealing with lawyers.

EVERY morning he texts me a funny pic to make me laugh or wishes me a nice day. that day didn’t hear from him So I text to see if he was ok n he replied “no, I am not ok. I’m stressing out, I am sorry I cant talk”

Two days after i get a long email from him. He said he had to travel all month to solve major issues at several offices around the country and he doesnt have the time i deserve that when everything gets solve he hopes i will still talk to him.

I never responded to his email.

Its been a month. I haven’t heard from him either.

mephesto
    Participant
    April 20, 2014 at 2:39 pm #51524

Sorry, that’s rough, and confusing.

Sometimes when we are extremely stressed, and feel cornered in one area of our lives we take it out in other areas where we feel more comfortable.

If he was feeling powerless in his situation at work, and wanted to be freed from that, but was afraid to quit, your relationship may have been the area where he decided he was able to take control of.

It sucks, and frankly its pretty childish to just disappear, everyone deserves closure. Not knowing makes things all the worse. He may be having a breakdown of some kind, and he may eventually want to get back together.

I would avoid it, because if this is how he handles stress, then how could you possibly count on him being there when times get really tough, and you need him to be strong and a part of your team?

Good Luck

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  mephesto.

Blue Bella
    Participant
    April 21, 2014 at 10:40 pm #51588

Nobody should shut someone they care about out for so long. I understand that he needed time & you respectfully have given him that… at his request.
    Stop bending to his needs & put yourself first. Maybe respond to his email and explain that you were just giving him some space & that you also needed time to digest this. Tell him that it is your choice what you do and don’t deserve in life and therefore it should be your decision whether you want to support him (though distant) through these rough times he is having – he shouldn’t cast you out.
    We all go through bad times, but that doesn’t mean we have to shut those we most care about out – even though we think we are protecting them or not wanting them to see us in bad light. Love conquers all & we can grow even closer by going through these testing times together.

maestrakk
    Participant
    May 4, 2014 at 3:43 pm #52162

I’m sorry this happened. I totally get wanting to know what happened. But I agree with the previous two posts. Whatever the reason, he is not for you. The best thing you can do – as much as it sucks – is move on.