He emphasizes that he is no longer interested in his ex

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mozilla
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 8:40 pm #65256

Hello all,it would be nice to get some advice from you about something. So, I’ve seen a guy I met online four times, and it’s been about two weeks. It seems that things are going pretty well. I’m considering asking him (or maybe just hinting at) becoming exclusive with him). Here’s something that I’m trying to wrap my head around…

So, on two separate occasions (once over the phone and later, when we bumped into his ex at a bar), without me asking, he tells me that he wants to make sure that there’s nothing going on between them anymore, and he seemed very genuine when he said it, so I believe him and really appreciate it.

I’m just wondering why he felt the need to emphasize it twice, since we are not technically exclusive yet (he isn’t actively seeing anyone else but is still active on OkCupid), so technically, whether he and his ex are still interested in each other shouldn’t be an issue, right? (Continued below)

mozilla
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 8:42 pm #65257

Does this mean he already sees us as being somewhat exclusive? Is it a good time now for me to ask him directly for exclusivity? I’m kind of afraid of being rejected… 🙁

Thanks in advance for your help!