He "forgot" he had plans with his buddy after we had sex

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cchld72
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 7:45 pm #53906

My friend set me up with a guy she has known for 6 years. He saw my fb and was interested. The first night we spent 3 hours on the phone and the next night we spent 3 1/2 hours. He wouldn’t make contact during the day, so I assumed he is busy and talks/texts when his kids are in bed. Well, Friday night I had my first date with him. I drove to his house and left my car. He took me to dinner and to a little pub. He asked me to come to his house the following day only 2 hours into our date. That was a good sign because he was already wanting to see me the next day. We both drank and got a cab back to his house. I had sex with him. I could kill myself for that!! Well, the next day I went back to his house. We just sat on his porch and talked, went to eat and back to his house. We had sex again. As soon as he got his clothes on he checked his text messages and said “oh no! I was supposed to meet my buddy today. He is pissed! Look what he said!” Cont….

cchld72
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 7:48 pm #53908

Cont… I said I would leave and he said he was so sorry he forgot about his friend plans.
    I called my friend and told her what happened. She sent him a text letting him know my feelings were hurt. He sent me a text and said Michelle I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings!! It was an honest mistake that I forgot about me and him making plans or I wouldn’t even have asked you to come back up. I’m not that way! But none the less you got Cynthia texting me about it.”
    I replied I didn’t have Cynthia contact you at all. I called her on my way home and talked to her, but if she contacted you that’s her doing.
    It’s okay. I understand.

He never replied not did I. I’m 40 and he is 37. This is crap games I played in my 20’s.

AGirlInBlue
    Participant
    May 27, 2014 at 8:11 pm #53912

He made an honest mistake and seemed genuinely sorry about it. I would HARDLY consider this a “red flag” but if it happens agin then maybe I would worry about it. Just see how things go the next time you see him and go from there.

cchld72
    Participant
    May 28, 2014 at 10:58 am #53910

I’m trying to learn how to date again after a 10 year marriage. I should’ve listened to my mom when she said “don’t have sex on the first date.”

cchld72
    Participant
    May 28, 2014 at 10:58 am #53913

I deleted him from Facebook yesterday. I think it’s best to forget and move on. I’m sure he will get the hint when he notices I removed him from my Facebook page. No point keeping him in my life.

shastablack
    Participant
    May 30, 2014 at 8:02 pm #54159

I think it sounds like neither of you made your intentions clear from day 1. The fact that you traveled to his house sets the tone that you’re ok with being casual and having sex quickly reinforced being casual.

That’s fine. I’m all for being casual.

However, this guy REALLY BELIEVES it’s casual. I think he really did forget about his plans and I think he made plans because he figured you wouldn’t be upset…because you’re casual!

Maybe reach out to him and ask him what he’s looking for. See if you’re on the same page. You could be, but maybe you’re both in defense mode.