He Ghosted Me Completely Unexpectedly

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lella22
    Participant
    July 29, 2017 at 5:21 pm #143563

Met a guy on Tinder, and we clicked instantly. After chatting every day for about a week, we went on a date. It was so fun, we were so comfortable with each other, and he treated me to dinner. Afterwards he texted me right away, saying things like “5/5 would do it again”, and “next time you get to pick the place”, so the next day I asked him if he wanted to go kayaking on Thursday. He said he would love to, and continued asking me questions and being very interested in my life up until Wednesday. That night he said he hurt his thumb, so I asked if he wanted to do something else instead, and he replied “Yes please! I would love to hang out with you!” and then proceeded to block me on instagram and snapchat (and I think phone too, because he never replied to my texts I sent in response). All day I was checking my phone waiting for a reply, and then I finally realized that is what had happened. What on earth happened? So upset because I really liked him.

lella22
    Participant
    July 29, 2017 at 5:24 pm #143564

Also, he was always saying things like “Omg tell me more about that on Thursday”…. It’s just so weird how suddenly this all happened

Anonymous
    July 29, 2017 at 9:02 pm #143568

well that guy understands female psychology, they reason why you want to have him more is because he pushed you away at that time when things were going sweet, this is advanced mind control technique. You didn’t do anything wrong, he is just making you fall in for him, he is using the technique called pull and push on you fortunately you can also employ the same on him.

MMX7979
    Participant
    August 3, 2017 at 4:09 am #144118

Well, I would say that he was dating another girl while dating you and made a decision to go for the other one. Online dating can be tough and I have been in this situation many times too. Nothing you can do about it – just keep on looking until you find a guy who wants you.

Carmela
    Carmela
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 11:18 am #145231

Sometimes guys ghost to get you to chase. Perhaps try engaging with him again?

CantCY
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 10:52 pm #145485

Wow if someone did that to me I’d be pissed and wouldn’t care the reason. That’s not cool.

Naomi
    Participant
    August 20, 2017 at 1:09 pm #146197
    Reply To: He Ghosted Me Completely Unexpectedly

Wow, I understand why you’re confused. It’s not your fault, it’s just him being immature. As hard as it is, try not to waste anymore of your precious time on this guy. Behaving like this, he’s not worth it IMHO.

pineapplemalibu
    Participant
    August 20, 2017 at 9:46 pm #146209

Something very similar to this happened to me recently. It sucks, because I thought we got along amazingly. He kept talking about all the things we could do together, then suddenly ghosted.

I agree with what MMX7979 said, he was possibly dating others and clicked better with another girl.

yesha20
    yesha20
    Participant
    August 22, 2017 at 3:22 am #146397

I guess he’s dating someone else. Maybe he wanted to try if there’s any chemistry between the two of you but later he realized there’s no spark at all.