He has shut me out

DATING ADVICE FORUM

He has shut me out

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cookie86
    Participant
    July 13, 2015 at 8:26 am #82697
    He has shut me out

I started dating this guy not that long ago, the first few weeks were really amazing, we totally clicked.
    We live in different parts of the state and we have to travel to see each other, it’s only an hour away but we both work so we only got to see each other on the weekends.
    Recently he got a new fancy job, the first week he started this job we ended up getting into what started as a little argument because he had to work over the weekend and we couldn’t see each other. This argument soon escalated and we nearly broke up, in the end after I gave him some time to figure out what he wanted, he finally decided he wanted to be with me. But now he hardly talks to me he won’t return my calls or texts half the time and we have not seen each other for 3 weeks since he started his new job because now apparently he works 7 days a week.
    What should I do, do I hang on and hope that he finds the time for me, even just 2 mins for a phone call, or should I just forget about him and move on

• This topic was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  cookie86.

Radegast
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 9:41 am #82756

Well, it may be true, some jobs are really intense(though I don’t buy 7 days a week every week). In the future I think you have to realize that, and maybe not get so upset if someone says I can’t see you this weekend I’m tied up with work. I’d use it as a sharing experience, ask him what he’s working on, empathize with him. That said, he may really be finding that he doesn’t have the energy to meet halfway across the state every weekend with this new intense job, which often may take Saturdays(is he an investment banker/ lawyer? this sort of time commitment is often necessary in the beginning year or so)’. I’d try to get on the phone, or email him how you really feel and see he responds. If he responds that he wants to continue your relationship, ask him to commit to meeting you and pick a datewithin weeks. But if he can’t commit in the near future to start see you 2 or 3 weekends a month, then I don’t see how it can turn into anything. If he’s really not interested, he won’t reply.

forgivemenot8
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 8:32 pm #82787

I am in a similar situation, and I know exactly what you mean. It’s tough, but both of you will figure it out eventually.

nics2121
    Participant
    July 23, 2015 at 2:52 pm #83178

I am in a very similar situation (minus the distance part) and it stinks not knowing where they are at!

rubyredgems
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 2:35 pm #83248

forget about him and move on! he will either realize what he is missing and come back, or he was letting it fizzle already.