He pursued, then ran. Should I wait or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TW
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 3:15 pm #66037

Met a guy, hit it off with him and we were flirting with each other. Was told he had a girlfriend, bummer, but I’d like to know him.
    A few weeks later he messaged me on pof.I sent him a message back and gave him my number if he wanted to hang out.
    He texted me a few weeks after that. We went out, had a good time. I asked about the gf, he told me that the breakup was really recent. We fooled around a bit, but I wouldn’t let it get too far as I actually wanted to see him again, I’m not a rebound, he’s hurting, and he didn’t have protection. And yes, I told him all that. He left happy and all seemed well.
    Two days later I texted him, “Hey! Hope your weekend is going well.” His response?: ” It’s not. But thanks. My world has fallen apart. I think I should say that I won’t be in contact”
    I texted back that he knew how to reach me if me needed anything and I hoped things got better soon. This really sucks! He’s the first decent guy I’ve met in a long time. Should I wait or just give up?

somethingclever
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 6:03 pm #66054

I would give him a little bit of time but also not restrict yourself too much? There might be a family emergency or something that he doesn’t feel comfortable involving you in since he hasn’t known you that long. But I also wouldn’t be just waiting for him and maybe missing another opportunity. Maybe after a couple of weeks if he hasn’t gotten back, check in with him and if he doesn’t reply well then the situation resolved itself.