He says he is "Emotionally Unavailable"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kjkrunner
    Participant
    February 26, 2014 at 10:45 pm #48503

We met online and met in person 3 months ago. Hit it off great. I am 44 never been married single mom. He is 46,divorced 2 yrs ago. We’ve met each other’s children, have a great sex life, etc.
    As he separated, he dated someone for 5 months seriously, then she left him with no explanation. Now he is still getting over her almost a yr later, still has to see her on occasion at work and realizes he probably isn’t ready for dating yet. But still wants to see me, even if we don’t have sex.

He continues to reassure me that I am attractive, everything he is looking for in a woman, etc. He communicates his feelings articulately, writes poetry, has a great job, lives nearby, loves my daughter. It’s all perfect, except he just can’t feel enthusiastic. He has the capacity to be so romantic, it just isn’t directed at me because he is still consumed with getting over 5 month girl. Sees a therapist about it.

I am frustrated n trying to be patient. I want to support him, but need more